Akira Ibe

Sing went to the airport. He held up a sign and looked around.
//
It's been three years since I last saw him. Okumura-San is a photographer himself and now I'll be living with him in New York. I nervously looked around the airport looking for him when I saw a sign

"WELCOME AKIRA IBE" with  a dog drawn on it. The man holding the sign saw me and waved. He wakes up to me.

"Are you Akira?"

The man said. I started to walk away when he grabbed my shoulder.

"You're Akira right? Ibe's niece  Akira? Hey come back here!"

I froze. Japanese! He spoke Japanese!

"Im not Japanese. I'm chines American"

The man introduced himself as Sing and said Eiji got busy with his work. He was a friend of his.

Oh god he's huge-

He looked at me and laughed. He told me to follow him to his car. I followed him. We finally arrived to Eiji's apartment. We went inside and Sing helped me carry my stuff to my new room. I looked out the window and saw him.

"OKUMARA-SAN!"

"Aki-Chan!"

He waved  and smiled. He seemed thinner than usual. He came inside with his dog and gave me a hug.
//

Sing opened the door. I looked up from the table after setting the food down.

"Eiji give me something to eat. French food is total crap."

Sing said as he took off his tie. His hair was slicked back and he wore a suit.

"You look like a totally different person with a suit on!" I said.

"Make you swoon? Are you in love with me Akira?"

"EW NO!"

"Awww come on just admit it kiddo!"

"I AM NOT!"

"Hey you two, dinner is almost ready." Eiji said before heading back to the kitchen.

The food was amazing as always.

"Now this is what I call good food!" Sing exclaimed before stuffing his mouth with another shrimp. I giggled and joined Sing,

The land of chopsticks! That's because we're from!

"Akira, how do you like New York so far?"

I put a hand over my mouth and swallowed  my food.

"I love it here. For one thing, here nobody has said, 'That's a boy name', when they hear my name."

"What Akira is a boy name?" Sing asked.

"Yep, mostly. What about you name Sing? What does it mean?"

"Demon. Lion. And also....guilt."

He set his plate down and swallowed his food.
//
"EIJI HI!"

A tall white boy with brown-blonde hair approached us.

"Hey Micheal."

"Hello! It's so cool you are doing this right now. Mom and Dad are really excited about it too!"

He looked over at me.

"Hi! Who's this?"

"Micheal this is Akira, Ibe's niece. Akira this is Micheal, Max's son."

We waved at eachother.
//
I flipped through Eiji's album. I found it lying around a decided to look through it. All the photos were amazing. I stopped at a certain page.

"A"

A?  I kept flipping. The date up top was 1985.

"A"

There it was again. A....A is for Ash. But who is Ash?

—————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE (again):
Hiya! Just wanted to say the last chapter and the ones to come are a reference to Garden of Light but I changed it a bit to fit with what I'm writing. Sorry for any confusion!