"Anyways, Erin. I actually have a favor to ask."

The Goddess raised her brow and waited for the man to continue.

" I would like to stay in your house for the next 2 days until we achieve our purpose for visiting."

" NO! That won't be possible!" Rias was quick to protest.

" Why?" asked Erin and Sirzechs in unison.

" B-Because.. you can just stay in a hotel! I'm sure you can afford that."

" But Ri-tan, I want to stay close to my baby sister." frowned Sirzechs and Erin was amused.

" Wha- Stop calling me that! And in front of my peerage, nonetheless." spoke Rias in embarassment.

" Actually, don't mind Rias. You're free to stay. " Erin declared with a mischievous smile.

_______________________________________

" I don't understand why you had to agree on letting Onii-sama stay." Rias threw a tantrum when they reached the house.

" Why is that so bad? Mom and Sebastian is fine with it anyways."

" But I'm not!"

" Why? Don't you miss your brother, Ri-tan?" teased Erin with a grin and Rias glared.

" Stop that. And don't forget that I am still mad about something."

Erin was confused.

" Mad about what?"

Rias made a turn and stood in front of the Goddess.

"You kissed Akeno."

Erin flinched at this and this only irritated Rias further.

"Not only that, you had a Make-out session with her."

"H-How did you-

" And you kissed.. more than once."

Erin didn't know why she grew nervous.

" It wasn't intentional! T-Things just happened."

Rias approached closer until Erin's back hit the wall.

"Do you like her?" Rias' eyes narrowed.

" W-what are you saying?"

" I'll have you know that whatever the case is, I won't give you up that easily. Even if she is my best friend."

She attempted to kiss the Goddess but the door opened revealing Sirzechs.

" Ooh. I didn't know that Ri-tan could be so daring."

" Onii-sama!" Rias backed away in embarassment.

" Haha. Anyways, I actually came here to talk with Erin. I wanted to sleep here as well so would you mind staying in the guest room for the moment, Rias?"

The red head's world seemed to collapse and she instantly hugged Erin with intensity.

" No! Onii-sama, Erin wouldn't survive not having me by her side! She can't sleep properly!"

The Goddess rolled her eyes at this and she gently removed Rias' hold.

" I wouldn't mind, Sirzechs. But have you already informed Sebastian about this? I'm afraid he would flip knowing that a man slept in my room."

" Yes, I already have. He seems fine with it."

" Okay. Come in, then."

Rias continued to hug the Goddess.

" Oh come on, Rias. We won't die if we don't share the same bed for a night."

" Would you be fine if you can't cuddle with me? Don't hesitate to knock on the other room if ever you feel lonely, okay?"

Erin waved off her concerns and Rias left the room in reluctance.

"Ah. Rias really is attached to you now." Sirzechs commented as he lay down on the floor

" Would you like to switch places? It feels bad to have my guest sleep on the floor, even if you are comfortable with the futon."

" It's fine. This actually feels good. Being treated like a normal being instead of a high ranking official. "

" I see.."

" Erin, can I ask you something?"

" Go on."

" Are you happy being with Rias?"

Erin looked at the man and regarded his question.

" It depends on what you meant by that. But generally, Yes. I am happy to be with her."

Sirzechs smiled at this.

" That's good to hear. You see, Rias has already fallen for you. If it wasn't obvious already."

" Is this the part where you tell me to take good care of her?"

Sirzechs chuckled and nodded.

" You are really smart as well. I wasn't wrong on choosing you for Rias."

A solemn expression crossed Erin.

" I don't have to be in love to protect Rias, you know? I am a knight of her peerage so it is my responsibility to look out for her. Moreover, the code we follow in our household makes it natural for me to look after her best interests."

" Isn't protecting a person's heart included in those?"

Erin was caught off guard and Sirzechs smiled meaningfully.

" I can sense that you have trouble falling in love. But believe me, my sister doesn't give up easily. Same as the others who are vying for your attention."

" Why do I have the feeling that you are persuading me to form a harem?" Erin narrowed her eyes.

The Maou laughed at her reaction.

"So it seems. You are quite different from the Red Dragon Emperor. One of his main purpose in this lifetime is to form a Harem and seduce girls."

" Yep. That's Issei for you." sighed Erin.

" But whatever the purpose is, you should find yours as well. Whether this involves protecting Rias, accepting a Harem, or achieving your other dreams."

Sirzechs eventually bid Good Night and the Goddess was left to ponder on his words.

On the next morning, Rias had to leave early to guide Sirzechs and Grayfia around Kuoh. The Goddess also learned that Asia stayed the night at Xenovia's apartment and the twins accompanied her, through permission granted by Archaea.

This left Erin and Issei to walk to school without the girls. The 2 fell to their own cheerful conversation and only stopped when they felt a tingling sensation rise up.

" Shit." Issei clutched his arm.

"Don't tell me he's here." Erin spoke as she grasped her neck from the feeling.

They can see a silver-haired man approaching them and he eventually gave off a smirk when he is at a close distance.

- End of Chapter -

The Knight Goddess (A Dxd Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें