Cursed Hotel | Chapter one

Rei was what people would call a normal girl, she attended high school and lived at home with her mother, and she was perfectly normal.  Except for the fact that she could see and communicate with spirits, in fact just last month she had joined Shibuya Psychic Research (SPR for short)

She was hired by Kazuya Shibuya, also know as Naru the narcissist. She was basically Lin's assistant, he didn't talk that much at all, and he seemed to get annoyed easily. She sighed in annoyance again 'He never talks to me.' she thought to herself staring at him in frusteration, he seemed to notice she was staring because he turned around to stare at her. Rei's eyes widened and a blush covered her cheeks, she quickly turned away "W-want some tea?" she asked her voice shaking. 

"Alright," he said simply "Earl grey please" Rei nodded quickly and hurried towards the door. She always got flustered when he spoke, his voice was rather..pleasant. She shook her head and walked towards the kitchen to see Mai at the kettle. She turned to look at her, her eyes glowing and a wide smile across her face "Lin wanted some tea?" she asked. Rei smiled at her, she liked Mai she was a sweet girl "Yeah" she laughed "I take it Naru wanted some too?" she asked. Mai rolled her eyes and nodded "Yep! "Mai, tea." " she said trying her best to sound like Naru "Like sheesh, would it hurt him to say please once in awhile?!" 

Rei giggled "It makes me glad to be Lin's assistant! He always says 'please'!"
"Lin talks?" she said, trying her best  to sound shocked, they both burst into laughter 
"Mai!" Naru shouted "How long does it take someone to make a cup of tea?" Mai gritted her teeth "I'll be right there boss!" she yelled back picking up the tea cup and hurrying towards Naru's office.
Rei placed a tea bag inside the tea cup, poured the hot water inside and then turned to walk towards Lin's office. 

Lin didn't look up from his computer as Rei entered "Lin" Rei squeaked out "I've got your tea!"
He turned around and took the cup from Rei "Thanks" he muttered, placing it down beside him and went back to doing whatever on his computer. Rei put a hand over her mouth to stop herself from making a squeeling sound, he talked to her! Again!  "You're welcome!" she chirped and turned to leave. Walking out to see Naru and a man talking, he looked up at her "Rei, tell Lin that we've got a new case."