Chapter 43: Knights with a Bond

Start from the beginning

She motioned to the other members.

"I met amazing friends and amazing people who continuously help me create good memories each day. That's why, I shall welcome you as well. Let's create new memories!"

Xenovia was touched by her words and thanked her for her kindness.

"I'm guessing this is what you meant by welcoming other members?"

" Hai. The party is decided at the last minute when you have woken up earlier. I quickly called the others to gather in the clubroom to have a double celebration."

Rias hugged her side and continued.

" This is to celebrate our victory against Kokabiel and to welcome the other members which are Xenovia and the twins."

" You're including the twins?" Erin asked in amusement.

" Well.. they can be considered as members of my household so this serves as their late welcome too."

Erin chuckled at this which only made Rias hug her closer, out of embarassment.

*(POOF!)*

"Welcome, Xenovia-san! Azuza and Tsubaki too!" came the cheers of the members.

" Sugoi! A party for us!" Tsubaki spoke in excitement and enjoyed the various desserts.

" Slow down, Tsubaki. You might get a toothache." Erin sighed. The Fire wolf didn't listen and devoured sweets after sweets. Azusa, on the other hand, ate his dessert in a calm manner next to Koneko.

" Want some?" Rias offered a slice of the cake.

" No, thank you."

" Come on, just a little bite."

" When would I learn how persistent you are?" Erin rolled her eyes but opened her mouth, nonetheless. She chewed her food and Rias looked satisfied.

The Goddess eventually excused herself to walk around the campus and enjoy the cool night breeze. She stopped under the shade of a tree and sat down on an empty spot.

"Got yourself full from those desserts?"

Erin looked to the side and saw Kiba approaching her.

"You can say that." smiled Erin. *(Kyahh! Kerin moment. )*

" Can I join you?"

" If you may."

Kiba sat down next to her and they both stared at the night sky.

"I haven't really thanked you for helping me destroy those Excaliburs"

" No worries. I'm glad to be of help to you."

" You know, I reached Balance Breaker with the help of my friends from the Holy Sword Project." said Kiba solemnly. " They assured me that it wasn't my fault, that I shouldn't blame myself for surviving that day. Hearing those words released me from a life filled with revenge and made me free from pursuing such hatred."

Erin stayed silent and continued to listen.

" But before that, you were the one who gave me a head-start and gave me the clarity to sort out my purpose and desire to seek revenge."

Kiba looked at her.

" I might be lost without you initially saying those words. So thank you, Erin."

Erin smiled warmly at him

" You're welcome, Kiba. Though I am sorry if ever you suffered some punishment from Rias. Which reminds me, how did she reacted? Issei narrated his concerns at one point saying how he suffered 1000 spankings."

Kiba chucked at this and shared the same sentiment.

"Well, I got the same punishment. 1000 magically enhanced spankings from Buchou is such a pain in the ass. Literally and figuratively."

" Masaka.. Don't tell me she did that to Koneko-chan too?" Erin's eyes widened as she imagined the mascot's small size.

" Nope. Buchou said that Koneko-chan's share of the punishment shall be borne by you. That is what Issei told me."

" Oh shit." Erin gasped. " If I completely recover from my present injury, then I'll be subdued for another injury."

Kiba laughed at this and patted her shoulders.

" Don't worry. Asia-chan can heal you afterwards same as what she did for us."

The two shared a laugh and Kiba held up a fist bump.

" Forever Knights with a bond."

" Hai. Forever." smiled Erin as she returned the gesture.

- End of Chapter-

Author's Note: I'm seriously fan-girling from the short Kerin moment. Wahhh they are so cute 😍