Chapter 40: Hidden Truth

Start from the beginning

"Durandal, Destroy!"

*(Boom)*

The attack made Kokabiel step back and he looked down to see the impact of the sword.

" Such dedication to protect their master who doesn't even exist." scoffed the Fallen.

" What do you mean by a master who doesn't exist?" Xenovia glared.

" Oops. Did I say that thought aloud? HAHAHA."

Kokabiel turned to Xenovia.

"This information was supposed to stay between the Higher ups but where's the fun in that?" He shrugged his shoulders.

" Listen, exorcist. During the previous Great war, the original God died along with the Great Satans."

This revelation shocked the members and Xenovia was brought to her knees.

" Masaka... God is dead?"

"The Angels and Devils suffered a great number of casualties during the war. Added with the death of their original leaders, it brought a negative impact and drastically weakened their forces."

" But H-How..." Asia gasped. " If God is dead, then where do the people who pray get their blessings from? Same as the strength from those who follow God?"

" Michael found a way to keep the system alive. He is basically the one who manages the system in place of God. Moreover, having a phenomena such as the Holy Demonic Sword is a proof that God is dead because there is an imbalance of the system due to his death."

"No.... This can't be.."

" God.. is dead?" Rias was in a state of shock.

" And the stupid thing is, that damned Azazel chose to retreat at that time! When we could have easily outnumbered the Factions and claim victory for ourselves."

Kokabiel spoke with hate.

"That silly governor chose to lay low and instead collect those useless sacred gears who are tools for mere humans. And the greatest atrocity, is his willingness to sign a peace treaty between the Factions."

" I shall start another Great War! I will continue the Fallen Angels' suspended defeat and rise above the other Factions."

"Hey you, stupid bird!"

Kokabiel looked down on Issei.

" I don't care about your stupid plan or the fact that God is dead. What I'm concerned about, is my dream to become a Harem King!"

The Fallen scoffed at this

" That's why, whatever happens, I will defeat you to achieve that dream! Together with my friends, we shall smash your face to the ground!"

The ORC were on high spirits again after Issei's statement.

" Harem king, huh?" Kokabiel said thoughtfully. " I didn't imagine that the dream of the Boosted Gear user is as simple as being a Harem king."

Kokabiel snapped his finger.

" Well then, if that is all you wish, you can simply join me and fight on my side. You can have your dream in an instant. Left and right, girls would fall on your feet."

" F-For real?"

"Y-You think I would accept that offer? Just because that is amazing and simply paradise for m-me?"

" Issei!" Rias called out and Issei immediately straightened.

" If you focus on your attacks..." Rias sighed. "I'll let you do anything you want with me."

" NANII!?" Issei was frozen. " T-That includes s-sucking those o-oppai?"

" Hai." Rias had no other choice.

" I'm aware that I'm practically lying since I won't even do things remotely close to those.. except when it's Erin." She blushed at the thought. " But I have to encourage Issei."

"[BOOOOOOST!]"

" Impossible! He got powered up just by the mere thought of sucking some breasts?" Kokabiel said in disbelief.

" All right! I'm going to finish off this Bird to have my way towards an Oppai-licious paradise!"

"[BOOST!]"

" Prepare to die! Chicken Bird!"

"[EXPLOSION!]"

The two clashed and delivered blow after blow. Issei managed to keep up with Kokabiel's attacks and deliver a single punch to the Fallen.

" Kah. How annoying. A filthy devil punching a high-class Fallen like me? Die, you fool!"

*(Boom!)*

"AHHH!"

Issei was sent to the ground and his gear instantly deactivated.

" Issei-san!"

Kokabiel laughed once more at the boy's defeat.

" I shall kill all of you to catch the attention of the Devil leaders! Yes, that's right. By killing prominent figures and devil heirs, this would force the Maous to take action. Hah! Just like a repeat of what I did on the past."

" What are you saying?" glared Rias.

"Oh nothing" Kokabiel boredly replied.

" I killed a deity on the past in hopes of spiting the Greek Gods so the war would become interesting. Those Gods are naturally aligned towards light so they are basically considered an ally of the Angels. So, I have to kill them as well!"

"Ara, a Greek deity..." Akeno mumbled in surprise.

" Fool! How lunatic could you get? Attempting to bring the Greek Gods of Olympus into the Great War!"

A sudden explosion caught their attention. The Student Council maintaing the barrier were temporarily shaken up.

Flames shot up towards the sky to which Kokabiel avoided. An ice trail appeared on the ground and within that trail, a figure glided and used it to advance to the sky.

Multiple swords tried to pierce Kokabiel and the Fallen swatted the weapons in annoyance.

"Sebastian!" those who recognized him greeted.

" So another batch of enemy appeared?" He gazed down at the growling wolves and Sebastian looking at him with hate.

" This shall be interesting."

" Fallen Angel." Sebastian spoke with spite. "You will pay for your crimes. Starting with the death of my sister!"

*(Flash!)*

Kokabiel's eyes widened in realization when he saw a blue streak of light approaching him at great speed.

" Yes.. YES!" He took a defensive stance, a battle-crazed grin on his face.

" This is the fight I am looking for! This is the fight I live for!"

- End of Chapter -