Being distracted by Kevin's instruction, Steven reached for the handgun Frank confiscated from him while he was knocked out. Steven quickly squeezed the trigger, releasing the bullet into Frank's right ankle.

He limped to where Kevin stood beside Victoria with his jaw clenched. Growling in angry, Steven stared at Kevin. "Look at how weak you are. You think you're a man? You're nothing but a greedy bitch with mommy issues."

Feeling his blood fuming, Kevin stepped forward and clenched his hand into a fist. "Still angry I fucked your wife?"

Steven frowned, tucking his bottom lip inside his mouth. Kevin's provocative question was aggravating him. After all these years, it still felt like a slap to his face.

"Not as angry as you." Steven scoffed. "I mean, my life would be pretty fucked up too if my mother didn't want me."

"But your wife did." Kevin rebutted with a smirk. He moved toward Steven, wiping the sweat off his forehead. "Man to man," he whispered breathlessly. "I only wanted her for one night to get a taste of that tight, wet, pus-"

Every muscle on Steven's face and body tightened. Kevin was cut off when Steven's elbow flashed out at his face. Hitting him under his jaw, Kevin stumbled back, chuckling amusedly.

"You know that thing she does with her tongue?" He wriggled his brows, reminiscing.

As he spat out the blood that gushed out of his broken tooth, Steven immediately charged at Kevin but he ran towards the living room. Steven threw himself at Kevin, causing them to fall together as Steven's gun slid underneath the curtains.

Kevin's fists jabbed into Steven's face, throwing six hard punches. Jerking Steven up to himself, Kevin clenched his bloody fists tighter to throw another punch.

"You don't know me!" He screamed violently, hovering over him.

Raising his arm, Kevin drew his hand back as he sought to launch another round of stone like punches. He missed when Steven moved out of the way and kneed his crotch. Kevin groaned, cupping his manhood with his hands whimpering in pain. Steven crawled desperately toward the window to retrieve his gun as his body got heavier by the second.

Kevin grabbed him back by his right leg but Steven jammed his foot into Kevin's face, temporarily slipping out of his grip. He tugged on Steven's foot again with his bruised shaky hands. This time, Steven stretched forth his left hand to grab the table lamp seated on top of the side stool.

He carried the heavy lamp and threw it at Kevin's face. The weight of the lamp knocked Kevin down as it nearly smashed his head wide open. Once he threw it, Steven tore the curtains apart to pick up his gun.

"You pathetic little bitch! Look at me!" Steven roared venomously.

Kevin scrambled through the floor like a rat scouring for cheese. The palm of his hands brushed the floor, searching for his gun. Terror gathered in the middle of his chest when he heard the cocking sound from the firearm behind him. He slowly turned around with his hands up in the air.

"You kill me then what?" Kevin questioned arrogantly, unfazed by the compromising situation he was in. "You'll never have your family back. I win."

"Not today." Steven replied in a grating tone, shaking his head in disagreement.

With an accelerated heartbeat and a broken nose that was bleeding profusely, the last night he held Brena in his arms resurfaced in his mind. The thought of leaving her behind gave him the courage he needed to pull the trigger.