Once we got to school we went our separate ways, I had chemistry first period, physics then math's before lunch.

. lunch.

I sat down at my usual table for lunch, the others were also on the table talking among themselves. We already halfway through lunch when I noticed hazel never showed up for lunch and neither did Emma.

"guys, has anyone seen hazel?" I asked them. Everyone started to look around the lunch hall.

"do you mean your little sister?" my gf Stephanie asked. I nodded quickly still surveying the hall.

"hey, rick aren't you guys in the same class? Didn't you see her around?" dale asked rick, dean's younger brother.

"yeah, I had first period with her and the last period before lunch, but I don't recall seeing her in last period" he replied. I was panicked now. What if Simon showed up again? Or something happens to her?

"yo frank" rick called out to a guy at another table "did you see hazel last period?' Frank shook his head and turned back to what he was doing.

"have you tried calling her?" Stephanie asked. I face palmed. I didn't even think of that. I called her number like ten time but it kept going to voice mail then I tried Emma same thing. Then the bell rang for end of lunch break. I gave Ivan and Alan a quick call before going for my class.

Hazel p.o.v

Emma and I walked to the small café, called Denny's. it was decorated with an 80's theme. We both walked into the café and took a seat at the far end where we can't easily be seen by anyone. A young lady walked up to us, she had on a light blue pinafore that fitted her figure so well, her blonde hair was tied up into a beautiful bun and it complimented her sparkling blue eyes.

"hey guys, what can I get for you?" she asked revealing very white teeth.

"I'll have a milkshake" Emma said. She turned to me.

"same" I just said.

"coming right up" she said as she walked away.

"you know I've never skipped before, this is my first time" Emma told me.

"same here, I never dared"

"I'll be in some serious trouble if mom finds out, but we have to be bad sometimes you know?" I laughed at her. Bad sometimes? We are in so much trouble now. The lady brought back our milk shakes and we started to drink it slowly while talking.

"we better get back to school before it's over" Emma said grabbing her things, I grabbed mine and we walked back to school. We reached school a few minutes before the bell rang. We grabbed our things from our lockers before the bell finally rang. I walked slowly to the car and leaned on it as I waited for the guys to come.

Simon looked annoyed when he saw me and so did the others. Oops.

"where were you?" he whisper yelled.

I smiled innocently "café" I replied. He huffed and shoved me into the car. The car ride was silent; everybody was trying to hold in their anger except me.

We were met at the door by a very annoyed Alan and Ivan. Double oops. Ivan dragged me to the living room and put me on the couch. The others came in and settled down on the other chairs.

"where were you?" he asked.

I shrugged and said the same thing I told Simon, café.

"you think this is funny? You skipped school and went to a café? Do you know what else is funny? You're grounded and I want your phone. Wait. What?

"wait seriously, we were not doing anything at school and I was bored" Ivan shook his head and brought out his hand for me to put the phone. I slammed it on his hand and stormed to my room, banged the door and jumped on my bed. This was so annoying. I just lay there and stared at the ceiling.

After what felt like hours I heard a knock on my window. I thought I was just dreaming or hallucinating but I heard it again, more persistent this time. I grabbed my shoe and slowly walked to the window, throwing it open slowly, I looked to see who it was. A familiar pair of eyes met mine.

"you don't just open your window when someone knocks on it and who fights off a burglar with shoes?" Dylan said. I rolled my eyes at him.

"you know there's a front door?" I said to him making him shrug.

"I'm on bed rest, remember I was shot" he explained. That made me shut up. I helped him climb through the window and enter the room, before shutting it so I won't have any more midnight visitors.

"so, why are you here?" I asked as I settled down on my bed while he sat on my desk chair.

"answers, I want answers to my questions? What do you mean another person dying because of you?" I sighed. I would love to keep this for later but I guess, I have to tell him now. So I started my story of 15 years. He was silent through the whole story either shocked or just speechless. I told him every single thing that had been bottled up.

"it was my fault she died" I said "if I didn't go on that trip maybe he wouldn't have killed her out of anger, maybe she will still be alive, I felt so lost and broken, my heart was shred to a million pieces" I couldn't continue as sobs raked my body. The truth was so painful. I felt strong arms wrap around me, and someone whisper in my ear "you aren't broken, you're the strongest person I know" I closed my eyes to let the moment sink in. then we heard a loud knock and somebody yelling for me to come down for dinner. I stood up and gave Dylan a hug before running downstairs.

When I got back to my room it was empty and the window was open but there was a note on my bed. I picked it up. "every broken thing can be fixed including you" it read. I wiped the tears that threatened to spill before closing my window and getting ready for bed.