chapter twenty seven

twenty seven
"surprise"

—

"FINALLY."

AFTER A STRESSFUL, LONG shift of having to deal with the increasing tension between Buck and Eddie, along with seeing a man get inflated twice his usual body weight because of pressured air, Lynn had finally made it home. For once, Lynn and Buck had rode into work separately since she suggested she get groceries after the shift, and finally arrived home no less than an hour since they departed.

Lynn was definitely not going to let the teasing about Buck being extremely jealous of Eddie die down tonight, so when she heard the shower running in the bathroom, she shook her head while chuckling to herself.

"It's too easy."

Slowly and carefully, she placed the two brown bags full of fresh produce and meats on the marble counter in the kitchen. And she quietly tiptoed towards the bathroom where she heard the water running, and peeled open the door inside; just making sure the man wasn't getting undressed or dressed.

This wasn't anything necessarily new. Not that Lynn or Buck had showered with one another, but because often times one would go into the bathroom while the other was in the shower. They were roommates, how could they avoid that all the time?

"Is a shower gonna wash away your bad attitude from today, you baby?" Lynn teased, and just as she was about to hop her little butt on the counter right beside the bathroom sink, she heard shuffling noise and a loud gasp.

A feminine gasp.

"Oh, shit!" Lynn covered her wide mouth as her eyes landed on a brunette woman currently showering, in her shower. The two met eye contact, and instantly the woman covered her body with the shower curtain. "Oh my God! He didn't tell me he had a girl over, I-I, wow, uh, I'm sorry!"

Instinctively, Lynn spun on her heels while seemingly covering both of her eyes from glancing at the naked woman any longer.

"Wait, what?" The woman questioned, and although Lynn didn't see, her face was etched with a mixture of shock and confusion. "Who are you? I thought Evan Buckley lived here!"

"Yeah, he does," Lynn replied, and she peeled open two of her fingers so that one of her eyes would make eye contact with the brunette. "I'm his roommate, um, Evelynn. Or Lynn."

"Wait, are you Buck's girlfriend, or something?" The woman asked, and Lynn was a bit confused on how she wanted to continue this conversation as one of them was currently naked.