𝙧𝙪𝙚'𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

╔═══════════════╗
Rue:
╚═══════════════╝

MINA JACOBS was the only girl, before he met Maddy, that Nate was ever protective over. She was the younger twin, by seven minutes, and the only girl born to Marsha and Cal Jacobs.

She was a mystery to most people at school, who just saw her as quiet and kind of intimidating. Not as intimidating as Nate, obviously, but the guys knew better than to try hitting on her.

And the girls... well they were either put off by her modelesque features or her height (five foot nine to be exact).

Or Mina knew their ulterior motive to use her to get close to Nate. That's why she stuck to her close friendships with Lexi and Kat. They didn't give a shit about Nate.

I only talked to her a little because of Lexi, and she was actually pretty nice.

From what I could tell, her parents were hard on her in different ways from her brothers. Since Aaron was a fuck up and Nate was focusing on football, she was expected to be the brains. And she was, she got really good grades and was on track to being in the top five choices for valedictorian. She was good at getting A's, but not really good at anything else. The truth was, she was so focused on getting into a prestigious university that she didn't even think about what she wanted to major in. And as a senior, time was ticking.

Besides school, Mina's parents had more restrictions on how she was supposed to behave. They wanted her to look "respectable" which was code for "don't look like a whore." Cal didn't want her to embarrass him, and well... her mom just urged the idea that if she looked like a nice smart girl, she'd marry into a nice rich family. Mina did as they said, only because she figured she'd be at college soon and they wouldn't be able to control her there.

So she was unhappy, as most people in this town are. Her clothes said nothing about her, she couldn't find a true passion that'd bring her fulfillment, and she'd had a previous eating disorder from Marsha hounding her about how no one would want her if she was fat. The irony is that Mrs. Jacobs didn't even take care of herself.

Mina's ED went undiagnosed out of fear of telling her parents, but she slowly got better by realizing she didn't actually give a fuck and people who fatshamed were losers anyway.

A few days before her senior year started, she'd decided to put her first act of defiance into motion.

Mina had never really talked to Fezco before, but for this, she had to ask for his help.

It was a Tuesday when she stepped into his liquor store.