The team settles down, Aurora and spencer who both can read abnormally fast were reading the same book, while Penelope tapped away on her laptop, JJ and Emily played cards, Hotch and Rossi were reading through case files and Morgan was sleeping, the Behavioural Analysis Unit was finally feeling a tiny tad of peace, after so much hurt over the past few days, they deserved a little bit of a break. Aurora looked up from the book, knowing that her boyfriend would be too preoccupied reading to notice she wasn't paying attention, he kept flipping pages as she looked out over the rest if the team, feeling so grateful, she didn't know how she would have gotten through that experience without them beside her, in the last few months, she had found the best friends she had ever had and she would be forever grateful for them. Smiling lovingly she looked back down at the book, realizing she had missed about 10 pages in the few seconds she had looked away, got she loved that book obsessed dr Reid, grinning she begins to read the page he was currently on, she had missed a lot but she was always pretty good at catching up with people.

--

6 hours later, the team steps sleepily off the plane, it was about 10pm in DC and all they wanted to do was sleep their way through the next week, but knowing their jobs that wasn't happening. They each hop in cabs telling their drivers where to go and wishing everyone goodbyes, knowing they'd see each other at Rossi's house the next night. Spencer and Rory pile in the back of the cab with their bags and tell the driver the address of Aurora's apartment, so excited to be going home. "What do you say we have showers and order pizza at midnight, just like that first night we spent in your apartment?" Spencer asks, Rory smirks looking up at him, "sounds like a plan, but you're not sleeping on the couch" He smiled, a blush filling his cheeks and nods, "deal" she delivers a kiss to his lips, before staring out the window at the DC buildings she had missed so so much while she was gone.

Walking up the stairs hand in hand, Aurora and Spencer made their way back to her apartment, she grabs her key and unlocks the door, as soon as she steps inside, the aroma of the plants, and candles filled her nose, she relaxes immediately, it was the scent of home, she finally felt safe, she was safe. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath in, inhaling the feeling of calm that her apartment had given her so easily, her small grey cat padded up to her excitedly, she leans down and scoops her up, the kitten's soft fur and the sound of her purring brings a smile to Rory's lips, boy was she glad to be home, she turned around and handed pixie to her unsuspecting boyfriend who had only just put down his bag, running off to the bathroom to shower, calling out "can you water my plants while I shower Spence thankyou!" she shuts the door and he stands there petting her cat shaking his head, he chuckles, he had missed this side of her, putting the kitten down on the floor and picks up her watering can, filling it with water and making his way around the apartment, he hears Aurora singing softly in the shower, he recognised the song as Love Story by Taylor Swift, he smiles softly to himself, while watering her various plants in her living room.

After a while the water turned off and Spencer was finally done with his watering, it had taken him way longer than expected and refused to let her down and under water her plants. After another 5 minutes, Aurora steps out in her bathrobe, smiling at her boyfriend and cat that let snuggling on the couch with a book, Spencer sits up when he hears her walk in, "hey there beautiful, nice shower?" She blushes at his nickname for her and nods, "well I'm gonna go take a shower and then we'll order pizza ok? Maybe we can watch a movie?" She smiles at him giving him a kiss before nodding "sounds good." He nods and walks into the shower after grabbing sweatpants and a t-shirt to change into after his shower.

Aurora sits down on the couch "what do you think pixie should I put on something he'll like? I think maybe.... Just maybe." She gives her a kiss on her fluffy head and jumps up to change. After much consideration, she decided to go with the same top he had liked so much last time as well as a pair of shorts to match. She removes the leftover makeup from the day before and makes sure her hair looks ok, although she knew those things didn't matter to him very much. she turns her head in the mirror to address the damage that had been done to her neck a few mornings earlier, she smirks just looking at the fading bruises, she had a feeling they wouldn't look too faded an hour from now. Aurora hears the water turn off in the next room and smirks, he won't know what hit him when he leaves that room.

A few minutes later, she hears the bathroom door open and he walks out into the kitchen, she takes a deep breath and opens her bedroom door walking out to greet him, "so what type of movie do you wanna-" he cut off his sentence looking up and dropping the towel he was holding on the floor, jaw agape and eyes wide, "I- y- you l- look uh- I-" he splitters and she smirks, 'mission accomplished' she thinks to herself, she sweeps her hair off her neck, exposing it to him, "I- did- did I do that?" He stutters his eyes flicking up and down her body, she nods and he takes a tentative step towards her, before seeming to make the executive decision to kiss her, it was a long time coming according to her, but that didn't matter anymore.

He makes one smooth maneuver and all of a sudden she was seated on the kitchen bench they had become quite accommodated with, he kissed her with such intensity, she thought she might just pass out, his hands trail down her back, leaving tingles and goosebumps wherever they went. She wraps her fingers in his hair and pulls him as close to her as possible, the butterflies in her stomach were coming in waves as he kissed her, he made his way to the opposite side of her neck than last time, she lets out an involuntary gasp as his teeth grazed her sweet spot, she knew it would leave a mark, but she didn't care whatsoever at that point she pulls him back into a kiss, feeling the breath be knocked out of her lungs, at the intensity of the kiss.

Desperately needing air she parts their lips and they lean against each other's forehead both of them out of breath,

"How do you feel about pizza?"