CH 7: Major Arcana

Start from the beginning

M.O.S.E: It's okay. So, were you and Magnus doing the dirty? 😏
8:03 pm.

You: Iz! No, Magnus and I were not doing THAT! We were just talking and drinking a couple of drinks. Anyways, I got to go.
8:04 pm.

M.O.S.E: Uh huh, whatever you say. Bye.
8:04 pm.

I shut off my phone and put it in my pocket. Right when I was about to get up, Magnus walked out of the bathroom. I looked at him and admired him. He was wearing a purple and gold shirt with dark jeans. He had a long necklace with other little necklaces. As I looked to study his face, I made eye contact with him. Turns out, we was admiring me too.

As I was about to say something, we were cut off by a knock on the door. Magnus went to open the door while I went and sat on his couch. As I heard footsteps, I looked up to see Jace and Clary walking in. They turned to me, confused.

"Tris, why are you here?" Clary asked.

"I stayed the night here. Don't worry, we didn't do anything, I just wanted to let loose without mother breathing down my neck" I explained. Both of them nodded just as Magnus came in. He sat down next to me while Clary turned around and tried to find the Cup.

After a couple of minutes, Clary's eyes snapped open.

"I know where the Cup is" she turned around to face us. I immediately looked at her.

"Come again?" Jace said.

"The tarot cards. My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it" Clary explained. Magnus, Jace and I all looked at each other and we all shared the same look. "Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find-" Clary looked down at the ground "-Dot."

"Finally, you figured it out" I quietly said to myself.

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup-" Jace started to say before Magnus got up and interrupted him.

"We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyonce riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice."

"But he can create demons, I've seen it" Clary told him. I sighed.

"Paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect" Magnus said.

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card" Jace interrupted. I get up and punch him in the arm. He looks at me.

"Now is not the time, Jace" I told him. He rolls his eyes as Clary shoots me a glare. I shrug it off.

Magnus ignored Jace and I and continued "Opening the gates of hell, that's a little more tricky."

"Valentine doesn't have the cards" a voice said. I turned around to see the werewolf, Luke. "I do. They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her."

"That's nice, I guess" I muttered.

"That's great. This should be easy" Clary said. I roll my eyes, how dumb can this bitch be? I thought.

"Hmm, that's what General Cluster said" Magnus sarcastically said as he sat down.

"Magnus is right-" I interrupted Luke.

"Valentine literally has spies everywhere, meaning the NYPD" Luke than interrupted me.

"We have to be very discreet."