Chapter 9- You would be dead without me

Josh

When I woke up, I looked beside me and Ashley wasn’t there. I got up and I went to see her. She was sitting outside and listening to music. I opened the door and I sat next to her.

'' Good morning sunshine. You slept well?'' I kissed her on her cheek.

'' Hi Josh. Oh yes, I slept well. This morning, I felt so good. It was a perfect night. ''

'' In fact, it was perfect. I'm glad we did it. So what were you doing out there? ''

'' Well, since I'm with you I haven’t listened many of your songs you know... And I want to get back in the mood with a few songs.''

I laughed. '' And what are you listening right now?''

'' Desperate measures.'' She smirked

'' Ohhh and it is a sign to tell me that you want to see me with my tighty whities?''

'' HAHA well, I saw something even better than that last night''

She looked at me with her nasty eyes. I kissed her and went prepared myself to go downtown. I will make her visit a little bit, and tonight we will probably go in a bar with Matt, Mike, Ian and Megan. While we walked downtown, I had a sudden idea. I decided to return to the car and show Ashley a special place.  ‘’Where are we going?’’ / ‘’It’s a surprise!’’. I took the highway and I went on a little street a little way out of town. I parked the car on the side of the road. I looked at Ashley. '' Where are we?'' /'' 1712 Acadia Road'' /'''' Ohh.

She took my hand and we continued on our way. It had been years since I came here. But I'm glad I did. We visited Vancouver all day and when the night came, we returned to the apartment to get ready for tonight. We went in the shower ... together. Ashley was a little shy but it was fun tho. She is so beautiful when she blush.

After the shower, I took a pair of skinny jeans with a black shirt, white tie and red converse. Ashley put some skinny jeans on too with a white shirt. She was sexy.

'' Come on Ashley, why so sexy? Now I don’t want to go out, all I want is... hmm... '' I put my hands on her hips and I kissed her on the neck.

'' HAHA Josh, stop, I have to get ready and we have to join the guys. '' She put some makeup and we went to the bar. Arriving there, the guys were there and I believe they have already started drinking. Especially Matt and Ian.

'' Josh, Ashley, you're here! Go on, take a drink!'' Matt said

'' Not me, but Ashley you can if you want. ''

'' Okay then! '' She ordered a drink and I paid.

We went to join Mike and Megan on the dance floor. It was funny because I. C.A.N.T. DA.N.C.E! At least, I tried. The best part is that Ashley couldn’t stop laughing at me. Matt and Ian sat at the bar all night. They were pretty drunk. Ashley too.

Around 2am, we decided to leave. I had to bring Matt and Ian. But before, I went to the toilet. But when I came back, I saw something. Matt ... kissing Ashley. She pushed him away and she looked at me while Matt smiled so awkwardly.

'' What is happening here? ''

'' Josh, this is not my fault! I did nothing! It's Matt who tried to kiss me!''

'' WHAT? Matt, what the fuck is wrong with you?'' I stood in front of him, with the anger inside of me.

'' Ahh Josh calm down, you know I'm drunk so  ...''

'' This is not an excuse to kiss my girlfriend! ''

'' Yeah yeah... Like always, you have everything. Girls, glory ...  Without me Josh, you would be NOTHING, you wouldn’t even be alive you would be DEAD. I saved you. So stop blame me and shut up'' Mike and Megan got out of the bar at this time.

'' How can you say such things? Matt I know you're drunk but your actions and your words are not okay!!! I can’t handle it! Mike, bring them all home! BYE!''

I walked straight to the car and I left with tears in my eyes, without Ashley... alone. I've already lost one of my best friends and now I'm afraid of losing Matt. But tonight was too much. Suddenly, I felt something rising in me. Panic attack. I stopped on the side of the highway and all I could do was cry. I burst into tears. Everything was going so great for me... why this?

I took some time to pull myself together and I got in the car. I went directly to the apartment. Ashley was out there and waiting for me. I forgot that she has no keys. She waited outside for at least 1 hour and a half. I could see the sadness in her face.

'' Oh Ashley, I forgot that you had no key. I'm so sorry.''

'' It's okay Josh... ‘’

'' No it is not okay! It's all Matt's fault and you should not have to pay the price. ''

'' I know, but I understand why you left. Josh, it’s okay ...'' She stood up and started to cry.

'' Ashley, don’t cry. I will fix this. I am strong. I'm okay now. '' I took her in my arms.

'' I didn’t know he was going to do that'' She had difficulty speaking. '' I didn’t know! I didn’t want this’’

'' It's okay Ashley. Come on, let's go home. ''

We entered the apartment and I brought Ashley into the room. She went to sleep. I took my phone and I texted Matt: Tomorrow, we need to talk... 

Kind of short I know,,  the next one will be longer :D