Chapter 2

Stormkit leaped on top of Deerkit, wrestling her. Deerkit squealed trying to swat Stormkit off of her. "Mouse-brain Marshclan!" Stormkit yowled, "they think they can defeat the all might Forestclan and chase them out of their territory!"

The two kits rolling was stopped, as they ran into a large figure. "Hey watch were you kits are rolling!" A deep voice snapped. Stormkit looked up to see the large deputy, Falconcall.

His bracken coloured fur was lied flat along his broad shoulders. His amber eyes were annoyed but calm. "S-sorry!" Deerkit meowed. Shrinking down, Stormkit sat straight. The tom snorted and turned away, trekking over to Mistymoon and Kestrelnut. Foxflower was watching the kits, amusement made her whisker twitch.

"Falconcall can be a bit snappy sometimes," Foxflower purred, "but he's a great deputy, no one can question his loyalty." Stormkit listened to Foxflowers words, while Deerkit went over to her mother. Lilyheart already went back to the warriors den. She told Echokit and him, that they were plenty big, and that they had Foxflower.

Stormkit was five moons old, and he supposed that he should prepare for when he was in the apprentices den. His father, Larkfur visited them a lot. Cedarkit came out of Minknoses den, he was in there a lot. "Hey Cedarkit, are you and Minknose best friends or something?" Willowkit teased her brother.

"No, but I'm going to be his apprentice," Cedarkit replied. "Really, your going to be a medicine cat?" Stormkit meowed. "That's so cool!" Deerkit purred. Cedarkit sat up tall. Echokit padded over to Stormkit and pressed her fur against his. Stormkit licked her ear.

...

Later that night Stormkit was finishing up his small mouse. He licked his lips, and hid the remains behind a bush. He slipped inside the nursery. Everyone was asleep. Stormkit padded over to Echokits and his nest. He curled up next to her, and pressed his muzzle into her brown fur. He breathed in her sweet scent, as he drifted into sleep.