I smiled at the memory.

• Yes, he's okay. •

• I just... wanted to check on you guys. Emily is making some food for us. •

• Thank you. Where are you? • She questioned.

• A couple of feet away from your camp. I didn't want to intrude... • I mumbled.

"You can come... inside? It's not like we own the woods." She laughed.

I whipped my head to my left when I heard her voice.

"Everyone's asleep. I'm on watch." She explained.

"So, did you get any sleep at all?" I questioned.

"I did. Newt was first watch. He went to sleep about an hour ago." She smiled.

Her smile was beautiful. A contagious thing that had my own smile forming on my mouth, despite me being in my wolf form. We stood in silence for a while. I didn't know what else to say, but I didn't want to leave just yet.

"You can stay, if you'd like. I am a little bored right now." I turned my head slightly.

'She wants me to stay.'

"Yeah, sure." I shifted into my human form. "Come on." She waved for me to follow her. She sat down on a nearby log, a little ways outside her camp.

Once I sat down, (Y/n) was the first to start the conversation.

"So, how've you been?" I raised an eyebrow. "I've been okay. Nothing much has been happening around here, besides for..." I paused and looked at her wearily. I didn't know if bringing up that vampire was a good idea. "Except for the redheaded Vampire who keeps trespassing." She finished for me. Her face held a look I couldn't describe. "Yeah, her. I'm sorry for bringing it up." I looked down in shame. "It's fine." She waved it off. "How has Jacob been lately? I know he's still a walking ball of anger." She joked, which I laughed at. "Yep. He's still obsessed with that one girl, Bella. I don't know why though. He knows she's dating a vampire, yet he still continues to keep chasing after her." From the look on her face, I know I soured her mood. I felt my heart drop slightly. I just keep saying the wrong things.

"Um, sorry." I bit my lip nervously. She shifted her gaze from the floor, onto me. "Don't be. I didn't know he was still chasing after her." She looked away. "After all these years, too." Her face changed from annoyed to shocked. "Wait! She's dating a vampire?!" Her eyes widened.

'There's a lot she needs to catch up on.'

"Yeah, she's with one of the Cullens. I don't remember who." This felt oddly weird. I was never one for gossiping, yet here I was. Gossiping. With my imprint, of all people.

"Wow. Does she know?" She pressed me for more answers. "Yes, she does." I paused. "She knows about us, too." Her jaw slightly dropped and I felt a wave of anger radiate off her.

'Oh boy...'

"How does she know?!" Her eyebrows furrowed. "Um..." I was hesitant to tell her. "She slapped Paul in the face and saw him transform." Her eyes widened. "She slapped Paul? Paul, of all people! Why?" I gulped. She was really interested in this. "Because she came looking for Jacob and just happened to see us walking towards his house. She came outside yelling and pushing Sam, asking what we did to him. Paul got mad and started laughing at her, and she slapped him. After that, Paul shifted and Jacob ran outside and shifted too. They both started fighting and me and Jared took Bella back to Sam's house. That's when she met Emily, too."

"When did this happen?" She questioned. I thought for a moment. "About a month after you left."

She was quiet for a few seconds, completely in awe at what I just told her. "He fought one of his own brothers, for her." Her voice dripped in disgust.