Chapter 5

The next two days I was up and running. Today was my first day at work and I had to look good or at least presentable.

I took my shower, threw my hair into a bun throwing on my coldstone cap, threw My black polar shirt, and my kaki skinny jeans on. I grabbed my black converse from my shoe box and slipped into them. 

"Good luck kiddo" dad yelled as I raced downstairs. 

"Thanks, can I borrow your car?" I asked with pleading eyes. He sighed grabbing his keys from the hook. 

"Go ahead" he smiled. "Don't crash, or text and drive or anything" he said sternly.

"Thank you!" I yelled while I brought him to a massive hug. "Bye!" I squealed. 

When I arrived, I was to excited and jumped out my car. A lady smiled as she seen me and took out her hand to shake.

"You must Giovanna" I nodded shaking her hand. 

"Yes, but please call me Gio" she nodded. 

"I'm Brianna, the Manger. Let's get inside and show you around"

After Brianna showed me practically everything, I went straight to work. It wasn't so bad at all. It was easier then I thought. 

"Hello, welcome to coldstone" I said as the bell at the door rang. In came three girls that looked utterly familiar.

"Hi, can we have three Oreo overloads" One girl smiled. I nodded punching in her request in the register and got to making it. 

"Are you new here?" Another asked. "We come all the time, so we know the employees" 

"Uh, yeah. It's my first day today" they smiled. 

"I'm Lucy by the way" said the one who asked if I was new. "And this is Alexa" said pointing to the one who ordered. "and Vero" she said pointing to the girl behind her.

"Nice to meet you guys. I'm Gio" I said handing one of them the cup. One down two more to go. 

"Is it short for something?" Vero asked. 

"Yeah, Giovanna" they smiled nodding their heads. 

"It was nice meeting you Gio. Are you going to be here tomorrow?" Lucy asked. 

"Yeah" I nodded.

"Great see tomorrow Gi" Alexa waved. I smiled at another nickname I gained and went to attending another customer.

Later after my shift was over I went home to sleep. I was so exhausted so I skipped out on a couple of Family things. 

When dinner came around, i was finally awake. I changed to my pjs, and went downstairs to greet Andrea who was cooking. 

"Hey Kiddo! How was work" she asked. I removed my glasses and rubbed the sleep away that I still had. 

"It's was amazing. I met three girls, they were nice" she nodded her head and smiled a motherly smile. 

During Dinner, Abigail went on about how she went to the mall and found herself a job. Which I was so pours of her considering she was super lazy. 

"So what store is it?" I asked. She stuff a biscuit into her mouth before speaking. 

"Pacsun" I nodded at the amazing store. "I start Wednesday, so tomorrow I'll go to bye an outfit to wear" 

"That's good! You guys should Follow Gio, Abigail, And Logan. They have pretty great jobs" my dad said switching his voice from a cool fun dad to a serious one. 

Logan got a job at Toyota selling cars. If I say so myself, that's a pretty good job. The good thing about this, is he will have to start dressing up in good clothes. 

I looked at Jennel knowing her all to well. She was probably thinking about getting a job at the mall at the disneystore. 

"Well, I did find one, but I don't know if I'll take it" Mikey mumbled playing with his food. 

"And why not" Dad said sternly. Mikey sat up right and coughed lightly.

"Well, it's four hours away from here." Dad raised a brow and looked at Andrea. A smile started to form on my lips cause the silence was getting awkward. "Universal studios employees were walking around the mall yesterday and handed out applications, so I took one" it's funny how his accent was starting to get a little squeaky. 

"It is a good job Mike. But it's four hours away. How are you going to do that?" Mickey shrugged. 

"Well, if I do get the job, the office can provide an apartment with a couple people." He started getting excited that I couldn't handle but laugh. 

"No Mikey. I don't trust people. How about, I send you with Grandma and Grandpa." Mikey smiled at the idea. We loved both parents parents but Mikey's favorite was dads parents.

"Ohh, can we all go see Grandma and Grandpa" Martin asked. 

"Yeah can we pleaseeeeeee " Destiny joined. 

"Alright, will go Friday. But first we have to see if Gio, Logan, and Abigail can get at least a day off" 

"I'll try" I mumbled. 

After dinner Destiny and I went to Jennel's room to watch a movie before we went to sleep.