Behavior

(A/N: I've written so many XiCheng fanfics and focused on their history so... I won't write it here. Let's immediately sail on the angst XD P.S.: even if LionaMoe already permitted me to use her fanart, but it won't save you on the angst! XD another P.S.: maybe I will write their history in the later chaps... don't mind me. I'm just this fickle-minded of a woman XD)

" – near my sect, we have found ten walking corpses..." one of the sect leaders said as they had a meeting in the Koi Tower – a grand place in the LanlingJin Sect.

Jiang Cheng just played with his cup. His expression looked bored as he had his elbow rested on the table while his chin was placed on his knuckle. His other hand twirled the empty cup.

" – that's all." The sect leader said after he was done his report. He lowered his gaze as he sneaked glances with the other sect leaders who looked away before he looked at Jiang Cheng in the corner of his eye.

"Thank you." Jiang Cheng said, his voice and tone trained after presiding countless meetings. "Anyone else?" he asked, his voice sounds lazy.

The other sect leaders couldn't help but secretly glance at each other. Again. "You go." one of them whispered to the other.

"No! You go!" the other hissed.

Lan Xichen looked at the sect leaders pushing each other before he spoke. "Me." he answered to Jiang Cheng's question.

Jiang Cheng's hand playing with his cup paused. But only for a second before he resumed what he's doing. "Please." He said, his voice as lazy as ever. But, now, with a trace of indifference.

Lan Xichen didn't flinch a bit as he started to speak. The other sect leaders were looking back and forth at him and Jiang Cheng. Somehow... the atmosphere became heavier? They thought. Just what is going on? They looked at Lan Xichen. This situation started 3 years ago.

Yes. It's that long, but the sect leaders still can't find the answer. No, they would if they would just have seen it in another way.

Outside the Koi Tower, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji passed. Upon hearing Lan Xichen's voice, Wei Wuxian's hand holding Lil Apple's rein tightened and he pulled. Ack! Lil Apple cried in his mind. I'm sorry! I'm sorry for secretly eating your apple earlier! He thought.

"Wei Ying." Lan Wangji called.

Wei Wuxian froze before he took a deep breath to calm his emotions. Whew! Lil Apple sighed in relief when he can breathe normally again. "I'm sorry, Lan Zhan. I just – " he said and gritted his teeth.

"Wei Ying..." Lan Wangji called as he lowered his head, before he looked inside the Koi Tower. "Do you still blame my brother?" he asked.

Wei Wuxian didn't speak before he sighed. "No..." he answered. "Lianfangzun's already dead." He said as his eyes narrowed again.

Lan Wangji stared at Wei Wuxian before he took Lil Apple's rein from him. "Then, let's go." he told him.

Wei Wuxian was startled and he looked at Lan Wangji. He saw Lan Wangji was staring at him. He was waiting for his reply. "Okay." He answered and gave him a smile.

"Mn." Lan Wangji nodded as he led Lil Apple away from the Koi Tower, with Lan Xichen's voice fading as their distance furthered from the place.

Inside the Koi Tower.

"Meeting adjourned." Jiang Cheng said as he ended the meeting. He rose from his seat before he looked at the sect leaders. "It's already dusk. Please proceed to the dining hall. The LanlingJin Sect is the host for today's meeting. Everyone, please have a dinner first before you go your way." He told them and slightly bowed before he walked out of hall first. His light footsteps reverberated within the walls, making each sect leader's heart pound in nervousness since they're afraid Jiang Cheng would suddenly turn back to them and whip them.

"Whew..." the sect leaders sighed in relief as they looked at each other and nodded before they followed Jiang Cheng. "The foods won't have poison, will they?" one of them asked.

"Idiot!" someone said and hit his head.

Lan Xichen looked at them as he followed behind them. "What are they doing?" he asked. A puzzled look was on his handsome face.

"It's because Jiang-xiong looked like he's on edge. Oh – " Nie Huaisang said as he paused. " – he looks edgier than usual." He corrected himself.

"Why?" Lan Xichen asked.

Nie Huaisang turned to Lan Xichne in surprise. "Xichen-ge doesn't notice?!" he asked in shock. It was reasonable for Nie Huaisang to react that way, since Lan Xichen is known to be sensitive to people.

Except one. Lan Xichen looked at the figure dressed in purple at the head of their group. Wanyin... he thought as he lowered his gaze. I'm sorry. It's all my fault. He thought and lowered his head as he silently followed behind them.

(A/N: daijobou, minna. The WangXian occupied two-thirds of this chap, so they won't appear next chap XD P.S.: they will appear in the later chaps again. and if you're familiar with how i write, yep - I might finish this fanfic tonight. 'might' XD)