chapter 1: heartbreak

My POV

I step into this wasteland with weird machines with tears pouring down my face.

I glow my orange diamond aura and smash a rock.

"How could you do this to me Katie, how could you break my heart!?!" I yelled.

Amethyst's POV

Pearl asked me to check out the kindergarten for any corrupted gems we might've missed.

As I am looking around, I notice someone, but what is surprising is that he's glowing orange, like how Steven glows pink.

I carefully approach, I'm getting close when he drops onto his knees.

"Why Katie, why did you have to break my heart!?!" The man said, crying.

I decided to speak up.

"Hello, are you alright?" I ask.

My POV

"Hello, are you alright?" A voice behind me asks.

I quickly summon my sword, get up and turn around.

I see an amazing purple woman, with a purple gem on her chest.

I unsummon my sword.

"If you're gonna beat me up, go ahead, my life doesn't matter to me anymore." I told her, crying.

Amethyst's POV

"Easy, I'm not going to beat you up, I want to know if you're ok." I told him.

He looks at me with his orange eyes.

"No, no I'm not, the woman that I had feelings for broke my heart, as if my damned hybrid life isn't hurtful enough." He told me.

I go and sit down next to him.

"I'm amethyst." I told him.

My POV

"I'm Zach, Zachariah diamond orange quartz." I told her.

A few silent minutes go by.

"I saw you glowing orange not too long ago." Amethyst spoke.

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine." I told her.

She puts a hand on my shoulder, I blush a little.

"You're not fine, my brother Steven glowed pink like how you glowed orange, and he said the same thing." She told me.

I look at her, wide eyed.

"Wait, your brother Steven, is like me?" I ask.

She nods, gets up and extends her hand out.

"Come on, I'm taking you to the temple, you can stay with me and the crystal gems." She told me.

I take her hand.

Ok, I'm making this story because amethyst makes my heart beat fast, in a good way.