19

Stella's POV

     Oops! I should have knocked!
     I stood at the doorway to gustavo's office confused. I didn't know what went on, or what was about to go on, but I definitely wanted to laugh. She was bent on his desk in what seemed to be a crawling position. I didn't come here for anything intimate or whatever, but I figured that since Gustavo and I were already in good terms and he used my name as a pretend fiance, then I'd rather put a deal in that; I was going to maybe kinda beg for my job or something......hmmm beg!? Not an appropriate word for this, but I'd say....ask! Yes, I came to ask for my old job back.
   I didn't exactly quit from the coffee shop; well at least not yet - I just needed to secure this one first, but I didn't expect to see this.....I really should have knocked.
    "Did I interrupt something important?" was the only thing I could think of saying at the moment. I glanced over at Gustavo, and he was looking at me, but with a twitch in the eye. "Yup! Another reason to laugh"
  I muttered inwardly when suddenly I remembered the lie. ' darn!' I cursed. I just wasn't good with this thing playing on. For me, it was a rather too expensive joke; but then I suddenly remembered my mission here, so it was my job to act cool and play it well.
  "Hey love" I sang in excitement as I walked over to give him a hug. It was well......a rather akward moment for me, but he stood up and hugged me intently. I felt a little bit of spark within me as I pulled out rather slowly. "Hey babe" he kissed my cheek in return after the brief hug. "How was work?" He asked now getting into character. "It's all good sweetie.." I paused and glanced over at Rachel "Good day Mrs Novak, nice to see you again" I said pulling out a chair to sit like it was a normal thing. Besides, it was my fiance's office. She smirked a bit and scanned my outfit. Okay, sure I  wasn't dressed expensive, but I wasn't dressed like a cheap slut, running back to my ex to take me back while I still had a husband the age of my granddad!
   "Good day to you too..." She paused, trying to place something together in her head "....you". What tone of arrogance. Now I wondered who was way much worse, HIM OR HER!?? They were the perfect couple when it came to their crap. "What adorable outfit you've got on today" she continued with a dirty grin.
  "And what slutty dress you've got trying to seduce someone else's property" I replied equally with a nasty grin emphasizing on the word slutty.  I could see her face change from stupid to idiot. She was mad, that I could tell. She simply took her bag from the desk, pulled her dress down a little and began to walk to the door. A little bitch in me chirped in before she got out of the office.
  "Next time, wear something more decent if you know you can't cope with that skimpy little thing..... darling". She paused and stormed out with a little grin I didn't expect.  Well Stella, you're done for!
  Now it was time to watch my back.
My eyes drifted to Gustavo, and he was looking intently at the door. I just couldn't figure out why she had so much control over the guy tho. Well that wasn't my business. I'm here to bargain.
  "Hey you." I smiled as I stretched on the seat across him. "What's goo..." Thump!!!   "....Ouchhh!" I cried out loud as I quickly stood up to adjust the seat. What sort of stupid cheat was this??! I was trying to look cool but nooo the world had to give up on me just this moment?!
   Just then came a nasty laugh I've not heard in a long time. He looked stupid while wiping down the tear that fell out if an eye. "Haha very funny you" I rolled my eyes as I made sure I was comfortable.
  "Sorry.....sorry...... second time seeing you on the ground" he apologized in between laughs.
  "Ughh..... whatever" I said giving him time to finish what he already started.

"Oh c'mon Gustavo.....pleasssseee" I dragged while begging him to accept the offer..... actually my pleas.
  "No Miss Brooks. I can't give you a job."
"Why?? I said I was sorry!"
"No, no you didn't!" He said going through some files.
  "Ok. Well now I say I'm sorry, please!"
  "NO!" He stated plainly. I felt......some type of way, mad, stupid.....I felt like a beggar. Even after laying all the reasons, he still wouldn't give me a job.
  "I'm only asking for the stupid janitress job back, not money!" I said already getting frustrated.
  "Wait. You're asking for your old job back?" He asked. Uhm well duhhh!! What did he think? I was begging for a bigger position?
Well yeah I'd like a better position, but I didn't want to work here. The pay way bomb, but I just didn't feel like it.
   "Yeah" I said silently praying he'd give it to me.
  "Awwn how cute of you to consider." He didn't even glance up a bit.
  "So you'd give it to me?" I was getting excited. Like I really needed this job back. It paid so well.
"No" he stated with no emotion. "It's too late Miss Brooks".
   "Ok! Thanks for your time." I said and then left the office. What a perfect day wasted. After all I did for him?? Well not exactly a big thing, but well I still covered up for him tho!
  I wasn't super depressed because I hadn't resigned from the cafe yet, so there was still hope. I hadn't heard from the office I applied for, even if I made a mistake filling the form. I knew I wasn't going to hear anything from it, but I still kept on praying.
   Buzz buzzz
My phone vibrated from my purse. It was a message. I clicked on it and I almost choked on saliva.
    It was Gustavo!
"Stupid man"