Chapter 4: Jaison & Gemini

"Are you done with that damn story yet?"

Jaison looked up from his computer screen. "Can't rush perfection," he said simply.

"It's already old news! Brady's already in Florida! Were you waiting for him to win another fucking ring?"

"It works well with the headline I was going for," Jaison said. "Goat leaves Boston, starts ring collection in Florida."

"Here's a headline for you," his boss snapped. "Dumbass Ginger uses the newspaper he used to work for as a blanket!"

Jaison frowned. "It's a little wordy," he said.

"Finish it, O'Malley!"

His boss stormed away, and Jaison sighed. "Breaking news," he muttered. "The Tribune is a joke." He looked up as two men came through the elevator. They looked around dumbly until their gazes met Jaison's.

"Oh, look," Jaison muttered. "Twins." He watched with disdain as they approached his desk.

"You're Jaison," one of them said to him.

Jaison raised a brow. "Look," he started. "I don't care what kinda weird shit you got into. I'm a sports writer. You want Jess back there." He thrust a thumb over his shoulder.

"He's a sports writer," the second said.

"A sports writer," the first confirmed with a nod.

Jaison hesitated. "You guys are freaking me out," he said. "Go away."

"We're here to see you," the first said.

"Obviously he doesn't want to see us," the second said.

Jaison hesitated. "Why? Did Smith put you up to this?"

"Apollo sent us."

"We're Gemini."

"I'm sorry," Jaison started. "Did you say Apollo and Gemini?" He laughed. "What, do you want a horoscope or something?"

"You will be presented with a life changing opportunity today," the first said.

"We're your life changing opportunity today," the second added.

"I am a Gemini," Jaison said to himself. His brows furrowed. "Are you stalking me or something?"

"Yes!"

"No!"

Jaison's brow raised. "What do you want? I'm very busy."

The first leaned over to look at his computer screen. Jaison was in the midst of a game of Solitaire.

"Clearly."

"We told you. Apollo sent us. We need your help."

"Apollo who?" Jaison asked.

"The God."

Jaison snorted. "Oh, Christ. Did you escape the mental hospital or something?" He picked up the phone on his desk. "What are your names again?"

"Gemini."

"Do you have any ID on you?"

"No," they said in unison.

"Where are you from?"

"Space."

Jaison stared at them longer than intended. He cleared his throat, then raised a brow. "What?"

"We're here to ask for your help."

"Can we talk in private?"

Jaison hesitated. "Alright," he said slowly, then got to his feet. He pulled his jacket off of his chair, throwing his arms in as he walked across the office. The twin men followed silently, and Jaison glanced over his shoulder, hesitant to see them following. They followed wordlessly out into the parking garage where Jaison finally stopped, his hands shoved in his jacket pockets.