2: "you're off.."

the next morning, tsukishima was the first one to wake up. he rolls over and looks down to the floor, Yamaguchi laid there with some drool coming out of his mouth. tsukishima smiled and grabbed his phone so he can take a picture. once the picture was taken, he slowly got out of bed and stayed quiet. he didn't want to wake the sleeping boy. as he made his way to the kitchen, his phone rang. it was a message.

in the other room, Yamaguchi has barely woken up. he checks the time, gets up and folds the blankets. he walked to his stuff and grabbed his uniform and a towel, then made his way to the bathroom.

a snort was heard. yamaguchi peeked out the bathroom and looked at tsukishima, who was sitting in the kitchen with a phone in his hand. tsukishima was smiling.

oh what a sight. yamaguchi thought, a smile overcoming his face. he should smile more often.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

their way to school was the usual, a comfortable silence. tsukishima intently listens to yamaguchi's dream, trying to decipher a meaning for it, like they always do.

once reaching the school, Yamaguchi noticed that his friend's eyes are looking around more than usual.

"is everything okay, tsukki?" he asks as he looks around to look for whatever tsukishima is looking for. tsukishima looks straight ahead.

"yeah why?" he asks. yamaguchi asks him if he was looking for something. "no why? i wasn't looking for anything." he plays it off cool. yamaguchi decided that it wasn't important.

"oh okay! well let's go to-" he starts but then is cut off by tsukishima.

"wait, I have to do something. I'll see you after?" he asks as he looks around again, this time he wasn't trying to make it obvious.

"oh, yeah of course.." Yamaguchi says as he gives his friend a smile. tsukishima walks off to the opposite direction, leaving Yamaguchi walking alone to his class.

the rest of the day was a drag.

tsukishima was more focused on his school work than usual, so Yamaguchi decided not to bother him. yamaguchi couldn't wait for lunch, he wanted to talk to his best friend.

i cant stand not talking to him yamaguchi thought as he looked at his friend, who was sitting next to him reading a book.

finally lunch time came in and yamaguchi was more than excited.

"hey tsukki! today was so boring. do you even get what we were discussing back in English?" the boy was so happy he was finally gonna let himself go. he really wanted to talk to his friend, he felt lonely without him.

"right" tsukishima replies. his tone sounds a bit different.

yamaguchi didn't want to bother him, so he stayed quiet.

the rest of the day was weird. yamaguchi just went to his classes, did the work he was supposed to do and just did his own thing. he couldn't wait for volleyball practice. when school was over, tsukishima told yamaguchi that he will meet him there.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

when yamaguchi arrived for practice, sugawara was the first to notice that he was alone.

"oi yamaguchi. where is tsukishima?" the silver head asked, looking around then back at yamaguchi, noticing his expression.

"he said he'll be here." he simply said then walked to the crate of volleyballs. suga nodded.

suga was left thinking. his instincts never fail him, and he knows something is up with the two. did they get in a fight? no. those two don't seem like the type. the silver head boy was deep in his thought he didn't realize a ball was heading right towards him.