Party Foul

"Love, are you ready to go?" Ben called as he walked down the hall in Cassie's place with an overnight bag in one hand and a small, neatly wrapped box in the other. They were going to Halyee's birthday party at Timothy O'Tool's Pub. It was a great place and Cassie couldn't wait to show Ben off to the friends he hasn't met yet. 

Ben walked into her bedroom to see her struggling to put on a necklace. He chuckled and asked, "Need help?" Cassie turned to him and smiled. "Actually, this thing is so old, I think I need a new chain. I'm afraid I'll lose it tonight if I put it on." She put the necklace back in her jewelry box and Ben couldn't help but notice her looking a little sad when she did. "Good thing I bought this for you, then," he told her, while holding up his hand with the small box. Cassie gave him a look that said, "Really?" She took it anyways and unwrapped the paper. When she opened the box, she gasped and put her hand over her heart. "Oh, Ben," she cooed. She took out a beautiful silver necklace with the letter B and a diamond on it. It was so thoughtful and sweet, she wanted to cry. 

"B for Ben," she whispered to herself. She looked up at him and said, "I love it so much. Thank you, babe." Ben almost looked relieved that she liked it. She turned her back to him and asked over her shoulder, "Help me put it on?" He smiled and took the necklace from her. He swept her hair away from her neck and put the silver jewel around it, and then clipped it on. Before she could turn around, he started placing gentle kisses on her neck. She giggled and turned to face him. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "Now everyone will know," he whispered. "I can stop doing this." He traced his finger around one of the many hickeys he's given her on her neck. 

He's been keeping the "you are mine" bit to himself, but he always found ways to remind her or show everyone. It was always love bites on her collarbone or neck for everyone, but to remind her, he'd leave them on her stomach, breasts, or even her bum. She didn't mind because they were signs of affection. She wasn't going to complain.

"Ready to go?" He asked after a moment. She nodded, but stood up on her tippy toes to give him a smooch. "I love you. Thank you," she said against his lips. He gave her a peck and said, "You're welcome. And I love you, too." He entertwined their hands and started leading her out of her room. Once they were by her door, he took her jacket and helped her put it on, while saying, "You look gorgeous, by the way." He was hungrily eyeing her silk, purple, knee length dress. Cassie blushed, but told him, "You look pretty hot, yourself." He was wearing a white button up, black blazer, and jeans. They were staring each other up and down, both clearly aroused. "If we don't leave now, I won't promise letting you out of bed the entire week," Ben purred. Cassie really didn't want to miss Haylee's party, so she took Ben's hand and led him out the door.

**

As soon as the two arrived at the pub, Cassie and Ben were surrounded by the people she hasn't introduced him to. Ben being Ben, quickly charmed them up and was soon dragged away by the other boyfriends, while Cassie was whisked away by the girlfriends. She was sitting in between Haylee and Sarah, listening to Pheobe talk about her recent trip, when she felt a pair of eyes boring into her. She smiled and decided to tease Ben by not looking back at him. She continued to listen and continued to feel his eyes on her, so after a few minutes, she glanced over to him...but he wasn't looking at her. As a matter of fact, he had his back to her. 

She thought that was a bit odd, so she just ignored the feeling. After Pheobe was done telling her story, Cassie and Sarah decided to go get some drinks. They each ordered the same (Whiskey on the rocks) and while they waited, made some small talk. "So, how are you and Ben doing?" Sarah asked. Cassie smiled and told her, "Good. He got me this today." She showed her the necklace and Sarah's mouth just about dropped to the floor. "B for Ben?" She asked with a tone of awe. Cassie giggled and nodded. "That's so sweet," Sarah whined. "Why can't Alec do shit like that?" They both laughed. A few seconds passed in silence before Cassie said, "Can I tell you something?" Sarah scoffed, "Of course!" Cassie took a timid glance back at Ben to see he was still facing away from her, and then looked back at Sarah. In a more hushed tone, she said, "Ben is...scaring me lately." The bar tender set their drinks down in front of them and Sarah grabbed them before gesturing Cassie to follow her.