Chapter Five

"Babe, locking yourself in the bedroom isn't the best way to deal with this."

You ignored Hawks's words. You pulled your legs to your chest, sitting on the large bed that you share with Hawks. Your head is hang low, keeping your head within your arms as your arms rest on top of your knees. You didn't want to be bothered by words at the moment. You had already faced your mother and listened to her words about your situation with Naofumi and Hawks.

"Naofumi's asleep. Do you want me to come inside?"

You stayed quiet. You weren't sure what you wanted at the moment. You really wanted to be comforted by Hawks, to be in his arms and to feel safe as if everything is going to be okay. However, you also wanted to be alone and be by yourself. Those two options sound so good at the moment, but you knew it was only a matter of time before Hawks makes the decision.

"If you want me to go inside, stay quiet for yes and say anything for no."

You didn't say anything at all and you heard the door open from the bedroom. You could hear Hawks's careful steps as he approaches the bed and you didn't lift your head from your arms. You felt the bed dip as he's getting on it and he doesn't make a move at all. He's quiet too and you feel a hand be placed on top of your head.

You looked up at him slowly, the tears swelling in your eyes and he gives you a sad smile. He removes his hand from the top of your head, leaving the spot cold as he emits so much warmth from his body. You jumped into him, wrapping your arms around his torso as you cry into his chest. You feel one arm settle around your body to hold you and the other that runs through your hair.

"It hurts, I know," Hawks said, his voice smooth and low. He removes his hand that runs through your hair, settling it underneath your chin and lifting your head. "Do you regret it?"

You blinked at him, the tears rolling down your cheeks. "Regret what?"

"Naofumi... Us?" Hawks asked.

"No!" You exclaimed, hugging him tighter. "I love you and I love Naofumi. I don't regret having him or being with you."

Hawks lets out a quiet sigh of relief. He falls to his side, you falling with him into the bed and you feel his arms snake around your waist. He pulls your closer to him, closing his eyes as he just feels you. He lets out a deep breath, the breath tickling the tip of your ear and you feel his chest rise and then lower. You bury your face into his chest.

"But?" Hawks questioned.

"There are no buts."

"I can't hear you because your voice is muffled, sweetheart," Hawks chuckled.

You lifted your head slightly, your breath tickling his neck. "There are no buts! I want to be with you and I'm going to stay by your side forever."

"Forever, huh?" Hawks hummed.

With you still in his arms, he moves to lay on his back with you lying on top of him. You clench his shirt with your hands, still having your face in his chest as his hands are on your waist. He keeps his gaze focused on the ceiling above the two of you as you both bask in the silence of each other and the warmth being shared between the two of you. You turned your head to the side, listening to his steady heartbeat as his chest rises and falls with each breath.

You let out sigh. "I'm sorry, Keigo."

"About what?"

"About my mother," you stated. You drew circles on his chest with your finger. "She doesn't approve of us because we're young and had a kid together. She doubts your abilities as a father too. I'm sorry."