Chapter XXVIII: Unbreakable Bonds

Warning: Things get a bit steamy in this chapter! It's been a while ;) Hope you all enjoy!

"All parents damage their children. It cannot be helped. Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair." (Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven)

"Hey Y/N, do you ever just wanna leave here and never look back?"

"Miki, you know we can't-- mom and dad would never allow it."

"But why? You're strong aren't you? Let's leave together and--"

"Miki...I said no."

The look in Y/N's eyes shut Miki up immediately-- the only hope she had been hanging onto crushed by her sister's words.

"Fine, become a murderer for all I care! I don't know why I even thought you'd agree with me-- it's your destiny... at least that's the same lame excuse you say every time right?"

Y/N shot out of bed and out of Kuroo's embrace as she ran to the bathroom, puking out all of the previous night's dinner. Her body racked in pain as she leaned over the toilet-- her body suddenly feeling faint and weak.

"Chibi-chan... another nightmare?"

Y/N breathed heavily trying to catch her breath as Kuroo soothingly rubbed her back, his other hand holding her hair out of her face.

"No...no I'm fine. It must've been food poisoning or something."

"You look a little faint, come on babe-- let's lay you back down."

Gently picking her up in his arms, Kuroo walked Y/N over to the bed and laid her down gently. Climbing in bed besides her, Kuroo pulled Y/N close to his chest-- his lips laying a gentle kiss on her forehead. 

"It's only 4am babe, go back to sleep. I gotcha."

Feeling Kuroo's strong arms around her, Y/N let her eyes slowly close, the sound of Kuroo's steady breathing lulling her exhausted body to sleep.

"Sweet dreams Chibi-chan-- I love you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N woke up a few hours later to Kuroo's arms still wrapped tightly around her, his soft snores filling the room. Gently removing herself from his embrace, she made her way to the bathroom where she immediately turned on the shower. Letting the hot water cascade down her body, she stood there motionless, her mind wandering to memories of the night before.

"..your parents have been murdered and your sister Miki-- has taken over Yamaguchi-gumi, Japan's top yakuza."

Tsukishima observed Y/N as her body immediately became still at Oikawa's words. Before he had a chance to say anything, he watched as Y/N's body began to shake-- with laughter. 

"So those assholes finally are gone huh? It's about time-- I only wish I could've been there to see their pathetic last moments..."

"I'm sorry to tell this to you so suddenly, but I just recently was informed and figured you would--"

"Who did it?"

"Apparently it was the work of this traveling mafia-- Inarizaki." 

Tsukishima's eyes widened at the familiar name.

"Inarizaki... the Miya Twins right? Daichi has warned us of them before. Apparently they are ruthless and have been making a name for themselves by going after other yakuza and mafia groups around Japan...I guess your family being the top yakuza in Japan made them a prime target."