Chapter XII: An Unlikely Ally

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." (Ernest Hemingway) 

"Oi, Y/N, four-eyes,  freak duo--what's going on?" Kuroo hurriedly asked over his earpiece having been met with nothing but silence ever since Y/N and Tsukishima had entered the top floor.

"Tsukishima almost got hit with a bullet, but Y/N saved him. She--she deflected the bullet with her dagger. Oikawa knows Hinata and I are here too, but he doesn't seem worried. It seems like they're talking, but I can't make out what they are saying." Kageyama replied shakily as he continued to keep his gun trained on Oikawa.

"Kenma--can you hear them? What's happening?" Daichi asked over his earpiece.

"We've been found out. I've lost control of the cameras--I'm trying to get them back, but they set up a stronger security. I think we were baited in the first place."  Kenma replied annoyed as he tried to break back into Seijoh's security.  

"We should get over there right now!" Sugawara and Yaku yelled in unison as they began to load their guns, Daichi and the rest following suit. Kuroo however motioned for them to sit back down.

"No, we wait. Y/N--I know you can't respond right now, but as always--I trust you. We only move if you give the signal."

Y/N grinned as she heard Kuroo's words, her eyes still never leaving Oikawa's as he walked closer--stopping only a foot away from where her and Tsukishima were standing, daggers ready.

"Blocking a bullet with a dagger huh? I don't think even my talented Iwa-chan would have been able to pull that off. I expected nothing less from Nekoma's jaguar though." Oikawa commented lazily as he confidently closed the gap between him and Y/N. 

Iwaizumi quickly closed the gap as well, holding a gun to Tsukishima's forehead as he hit Oikawa lightly in the back of the head with his other pistol.

"I told you not to call me that Shittykawa."  

"Owwww, Iwa-chan you're so mean." Oikawa whined as he rubbed the back of his head before pulling out a knife from his suit jacket and playfully pointing it at Y/N as he continued.

"So tell me little miss jaguar, why are the cats and crows working together? Especially you and cocky four-eyes over here-- I know Kuroo isn't one to share."

"Kuroo doesn't own me--I can do what I want. And we are here because we want to know why someone like you is teaming up with Shiratorizawa." Y/N replied, her eyes still locked onto Oikawa's--his eyes challenging her to look away first.

"Cutting straight to the chase I see. That's no fun--let's talk about you and four-eyes first shall we? Honestly, you two make a good pair--both coming from such horrible childhoods." 

At Oikawa's words, Y/N's eyes widened in shock as Tsukishima directed his gaze towards Oikawa, surprised as well. 

"It really is quite fitting the more I think about it. A girl who abandoned her family and a boy who ended his. What was his name--Akiteru right? Such a shame his life ended the way it did, at the hands of his own younger brother no less."

Tsukishima's eyes filled with rage as he took a step closer to Oikawa, Iwaizumi's gun pressing harder against his forehead as he moved. 

"Oh, did I touch a nerve? I was just stating the facts--no need to get so worked up about it." Oikawa chuckled lightly as he stepped even closer to Y/N, his dagger lightly resting at the base of her throat as his eyes continued to bore into her's.

"And poor Y/N-- you've been trying to escape this path all your life haven't you? I wonder what that family of yours back in Tokyo would think if they saw you now? I'm sure that sister of yours would--"