the one with the free fall

Start from the beginning

I huffed, and leaned back into the chair. Moody proceeded to explain the newly renovated plan to everyone- Portkey to Dursleys, Dursleys sent away, Harry turned to a muggle, brooms to Andromeda Black's house, Portkey to Burrow, same for everyone from different locations.

"What about Draco?" I asked. "How'd he go?"

"He'd take the Floo and go straight to the Burrow. So will Granger and Weasley-"

Noises of indignation and disapprove were thrown across the room at Mad-Eye.

"There's no way-" Hermione started.

"Barking mad-" Ron was saying.

"Complete insanity," Draco finished, throwing up his arms.

"Shut it," Mad-Eye growled. "At the rate in which Voldemort is progressing, he'll have the Ministry by the end of the month. You two," pointed at Hermione and Ron. "Would be first on the wanted list. And you," he looked at Draco, who straightened up. "Everyone thinks you're dead. Anyone who saw you at the platform at the end of term refused to speak about you, or every seeing you. They all claimed to have never seen any Draco Malfoy. People who we don't even know are protecting you. If you go there, you'd risk you whereabouts and the knowledge of your life and all that would be for nothing! Respect those people and hide!"

"And what about me?" I growled. It made sense for the other three to not be there. But why me?

"The word is in the wind that You-Know-Who is looking for you, Firegold!"

"Huh?" I felt stupid as the noise left me. "I'm sorry, what?"

"He's looking for you," he repeated as if I didn't hear him the first time. I looked at Sirius and Remus and Tonks who looked alarmed.

"I heard you," I said deadpanned. "What does it mean?"

"We don't know yet-"

"How can you not know?" Draco snapped.

Moody turned his wildly rotating eye to Draco now, who again shifted uncomfortably on the chair. "I was wondering you could help us understand, Malfoy!"

"What?" Draco sputtered.

"You were a Death Eater for a year, Malfoy, spying for the Order. I need to know if You-Know-Who ever spoke of Skylar."

Draco seemed stunned. Of course, he hadn't expected his Death Eater status would be brought up again. He looked at me, his grey eyes burning, and suddenly his face drained of all emotion and turned to Moody.

"He believes Skylar is a seer," he said. "He asked me multiple times if she was, but I denied being close to her. I told her we used to be friends, but eventually I settled my loyalties with him and called it quits with her," he sighed.

"And he believed this crap?" I asked deadpanned.

"Yes," he muttered. "He tried looking into my mind. I showed him what he wanted to see." I gaped at him. "I'm skilled at Occlumency, Skylar. Bellatrix taught me."

"Oh," I muttered. The fact that this boy had lied to the face of the Dark Lord for me made something flutter in me, and then burn.