the one with the free fall

-"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic."

THE DECISION WAS sudden. It wasn't my idea, it was Moody's, and for once I agreed to the man. He had walked in, a day after, with his freshly cleaned magical eye rotating furiously, as Draco nearly dropped his cup of tea, and shouted until everyone came. It was Remus, Sirius, Tonks, me, Harry, Draco, Ron and Hermione huddled in the sitting room, listening to him expectantly.

"We have to get the boy to his house first," he growled. "At Privet Drive, and we have to continue from there to the safehouse-"

"Is it necessary for him to go to the Dursleys?" I asked, avoiding the shudder that came when I remembered what was supposed to happen.

"Yes," he grunted. "We have to ensure Lily Potter's protective magic continues to work through that woman! So-"

"We'll send Hedwig away first," I said. "All the belongings shall be moved to the Burrow beforehand. It's useless to carry luggage there."

"Yes," Moody agreed. "We'll take the one way Floo Network to the house, and we'll send those muggles away, for their safety. Hestia and Dedalus would take them away."

"I thought we couldn't use the Floo?" I questioned. "Didn't the Ministry tamper with it?"

"One way, I said. Anything out of this house is non-trackable. As is anything out of the safehouse. But the real trick is how to get out of there," he looked around at everyone. "Brooms."

"No," I threw up my arms. "We cannot! The Death Eaters would be patrolling the skies all the time."

"I'm aware. So," Moody continued. "We'll Polyjuice seven of us to Harry and would be accompanied by seven trained Aurors-"

"That's the dumbest thing you've ever said," I snapped.

"Excuse me-"

"We can just Polyjuice Harry into some random person, instead of turning all of us to Harry," I said. "I know that the Death Eaters would be there, and I know they'd figure out the real Harry, and I know it'll end badly. We cannot risk so much," I continued. "We can Polyjuice Harry into a random muggle person. The Death Eaters would obviously try to attack us, but not as brutally if they don't see Harry. Having said that, it's also safe to send just Harry, in the face of someone else, with trained Aurors, and me of course. We can take down the Death Eaters and we'd all be safe when he reach Tonks's house for the portkey-"

"You're not coming," Harry said abruptly. "I cannot let you risk your life for me."

"It wouldn't be the first time Harry," I rolled my eyes. "I know there will be at least thirty Death Eaters tailing us. . ." My thoughts trailed off, as I wondered if that would be true, because we're moving before the foretold date. "It's still safer that turning everyone into Harry. Too many Harrys would bring in too many Death Eaters. However, no Harry would make them think it's just a hoax and leave us."

Everyone was silent for a long time. I couldn't take it.

"Is it really necessary to go to the Dursleys? Harry can just go there after the wedding!"

"It's for the magic," Remus said quietly. "I understand you're aware of how dangerous it can be, but the thing is there's only so much we can do. We have to take this risk for the greater cause."