Remaining silent, I watched as Poody stood up and grabbed his book bag. Before he could exit the room, I jumped up and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you Zani." I hummed into his chest, inhaling his scent as I did so. "I'm so sorry too."

"For what?" He laughed which sent vibrations through my right cheek. "You ain't got nothing to be sorry fa."

"What if it ain't yours?"

"Then it ain't." Poody shrugged. "You still my dawg regardless, I hope it is on some shit though."

"Mmh."

Feeling him tap my lower back, I took that as a sign to let go and released the hold I had on him. Picking up my book bag, I held it in my left hand and smiled up at Poody. Brushing past him, I ventured towards the now open classroom door and stopped when I felt myself get pulled back gently.

"Don't get an abortion..please?"

"I won't." I stared his eyes, the twinkle in them evoking a sense of sympathy in me and threw my bag onto my back. "I swear on my mama I won't."

-

HOURS LATER

Marquise
Today 4:40 pm

Marquise be foreal

You killed it yet?

No Marquise

You planning on it?

No

Then we have nothing to talk about
You ain't hear what I said? Unless you need abortion money don't text my mf phone

Dawg

I'm not yo dawg
Far from it actually
You know where to find me if you've got something I WANT to listen to

Okay bruh
Ima do it
Send me the money rn and I'll go tmr

Put it on yo mama

On my mama Ima get an abortion

I sent the money
Show me proof

Yeah yeah
Read 4:43 pm

"Sike." I scoffed, sat my phone on the dining table and swatted my sister. "Put that down."

"Don't tell me what to do bitch." Nukey bucked at me. "I don't have all day so hurry up with whatever it is you have to say."

"What she said." Jabari yawned. "Sharmaine bouta get here in an hour or so and I've got some pussy tend to, keep it short and sweet grasshopper."

"Gross."

"Alright so." I swallowed the lump that had began to form in my throat and stared into the eyes of my siblings. "I love y'all a whole lot and I'm sorry in advance but I—"

"Don't say that." Bari mugged. "Affectionate ass shit, I don't love you back."

"Let her talk bitch damn." Nukey hit him and nodded at me, her eyes trained to every move I made. "Go."