"Alone time."

     Millie grabbed her knife, tossing it in the air and catching its handle. "Millie–" But she held a hand up, and started for the entrance of the cave. "No worries Link, I'll just get some food or something." She assured him, smiling softly at him once more.

     The moment she left the cave she was engulfed in darkness, and had to squint her eyes to even see anything. The only thing she did make out was Octavias slim figure, she froze among seeing Millie. The blonde whistled, waving her off with her hand. "Don't go getting cold feet now, Octavia." Millie hummed.

        "I'm not, I'm–" Millie chuckled, and Octavias mouth clamped shut. Out of shock or fear, Millie didn't know. Maybe it was the fact that Octavia didn't even know Millie was capable of such an action. "Relax. He's inside." Octavia grinned uneasily, and slid her body between the cracks.

    Millie shook her head to herself, and sat on a nearby rock. She wondered if in normal circumstances, would she hear the animals of the night. Lincoln explained years ago all about the war and why there wasn't many people living in the earth. Most of the animals were wiped out too, which was unfortunate but understandable. The only animals now were squirrels, bore and panthers. Not to mention the river monsters.

    Millie shivered at the thought, her first interaction wasn't a pleasant one. She was in shallow water, it took some time for her to teach herself how to swim, and it wasn't easy. Anyways, she didn't dare going in as far as she couldn't reach. She'd go in until about when her waist was under water, and stopped. Then she saw ripples in the water, shooting quickly straight for her. It didn't get her, but nearly scared her out of her pants.

    Millies head shot straight up at the sound of a branch snapping, and her knife was drawn. She squinted her eyes, trying to see better in the dark. Though it was useless, all she could make out was a figures outline. Not willing to risk it, Millie leaped off the rock and tackled the intruder to the ground.

     She held his arms down, much like earlier with Lincoln, and held the knife to his throat. The frantic boy only shuddered in his breaths, and made no move to attack. She scanned him, and quickly recognized him as the boy from the camp– Clarke's friend. The boy seemed as harmless as an insect, and Millies jaw loosened. Still she kept him under her, glaring as harshly as she could.

       "Wait– Millie, he's my friend." Octavia called out, Millie could feel the girls hand on her back. The blonde sent one last look towards the uneasy boy, and clambered off of him. She watched as Octavia helped him up, and shot a look to Lincoln who looked the same as Millie did. Octavia was the closest person either of them trusted– more so Lincoln than Millie at that.

     Lincoln led them into the cave, and Millie leaned against the rock by the entrance. Her knife was being twirled around in her fingers, and her face was void of any emotion. Though her hair was slightly tasseled and there were specs of dirt on her cheeks from jumping on the boy.

       "So what the hell are you doing here?" Octavia asked.

       He inspecting the cave, mouth agape. "I could ask you the same thing. I could also ask how long you've known they speak english," Octavia looked down. "But I won't." He picked up a horn, with a tie connected to it. Millie watched from the corner, easily recognizing it as one of the fog horns the Grounders use to let each other know of the acid fog.

     "You blew this when your people were hunting us."

      Lincoln nodded once, but wasn't comfortable enough to speak just yet. Millie raised her eyebrows, having no idea what the hell he was talking about. The horn, the grounders used it to warn each other. "You saved our lives. I have to believe there's more like you." He concluded.

     Lincoln stepped forward, and Millie didn't miss the hesitant look on the boys face. "I stabbed you."

      "And we tortured you." He clipped, glancing to Millie. "Kidnapped her twice. If the three of us can get along, then maybe there's hope. Learn from history instead of repeating it, right?" He said, Millie pushed herself off the wall and met the three of them.

     "What exactly are you saying, here?" She asked, keeping her voice steady.

      "For starters, no more killing." Millie scoffed, running a hand through her long hair. Lincoln shook his head, "I don't have the power to call a truce." He told Finn truthfully.

    The boy huffed, but his face brightened as he came to a conclusion. "Then bring me to someone who does." Millie and Lincoln scoffed simultaneously. Anya wasn't and easily person to persuade, nor get a long with. She led the Trikru clan, and well at that. She was known for her merciless ways, she didn't once back down, and won every battle she was in. She was everything they all wanted to be, and then some.

     "Hey, look. The rest of our people are coming down here. The first ship lands in two days." At his words, Millie shifted uneasily. She made eye contact with Lincoln, who looked just about the same. "It's true." Octavia confirmed. "And because of the attacks they're sending mostly soldiers. The people that enforce our laws. The Ark is about survival at any cost, and they'll kill people who fall out of line." Finn informed.

      Millie imagined them all living in a large space ship, in a boot-camp like society. Living in space gave them a disadvantage to begin with, they had to of come up with some way to protect themselves. And even if the first ship of soldiers didn't end it, wouldn't there be more? Surely they'd run out of air eventually, sometime in their life time too.

    "When those people get down here, if they feel threatened they will start a war and I don't want that. Neither do you, and I think that's why you blew that horn." He inhaled, his speech was so intense to him personally, that he needed to take a moment to calm himself down. Other wise, he was afraid he'd start yelling and ruin their chances. "Once the soldiers get here, it will be too late and we'll have no power to stop them. But if they see that were at peace then maybe we have a chance to stay that way." Finn finished.

         "And what if your wrong? What if your people kill his people just to eliminate the threat?" Millie asked, finally putting her weapon away. "Alright." Millie stared dumbfounded at Lincoln, who avoided her stare. "You bring your leader, I'll bring mine." Lincoln agreed.

          "What, Bellamy? He'll never go for this." Octavia shook her head. "No. Not your brother." Lincoln looked from Finn to Octavia, wordlessly telling the three of them what he meant. The blonde.

            "Clarke."

cassie speaks !

(ohhh man i'm excited for the next few chapters. by the time this is out, i'll be 18 and my first day of senior will have started– so that's fun. with that being said, i will have school and work at the same time. meaning i'll have even less time to write and edit, but i'll do my best to get what i can out to you! i do get a lot of comments asking when the next chapter will be out. the reason i post so little, is because i'm a bit of a perfectionist. if it's not perfect to my liking, it's not getting published. regardless, enjoy!)