"You're going to look so good in that," I said with a nervous smile.

Rolling her eyes she confirmed my worst fear. "No silly this is for you. I think this would go perfect with the black pumps I got you for your birthday. You've never even worn them," Essence said looking slightly sad.

"That dress is for me? Oh no Ess I don't do dresses," I reminded her.

"Well I figured since you now have a thing for Jace you should show off your curves. Tease him a little. It's his birthday."

"I don't know about this," I said taking the very skimpy dress and holding it up against my body. "I don't know how to tease."

"You are going to look so hot," she said.

"Well if this is what my dress looks like what does your dress look like?"

She reached into the bag again pulling out a similar dress only it was white. "This one is mine. We are going to be the hottest ones at that party!"

When did she become so excited about going?

"Look a little excited Spencer. You're making me go so I am making sure we have a good time."

"Thanks for the dress. I'm just unsure about how this night is going to go. The last party we went to didn't go so smoothly," I reminded her cringing at the thought.

She mirrored me. "Yeah, don't remind me. This is going to be different though. We were freshmen back then and Jace practically begged you to come to this so if anything happens it is going to be good. We just have to stay positive," she said. "Now get ready!" she said smacking my ass.

***************************

Staring at myself in the full length mirror hanging on my door I was confused. I looked good and I felt good but what would everyone else think?

This dress fit me so tight and perfect. I was blessed with these curves but I never made a habit of showing them off. My hair was out and down the middle of my back cascading slightly over my shoulders. The only make up I had on was lip gloss and mascara. I hated those girls who put make up on for a party when they were only going to sweat.

Gross.

"You look so good Spence," Essence said coming up and joining me in the mirror.

She had her hair curled and in a high ponytail the dress doing the same thing for her that it was doing for me.

"We both do."

"Well the party already started so let's make our grand entrance shall we?"

"Yeah. Let's go," I said slipping my pumps on and grabbing my black North Face. It was still cold outside.

Peter lived only five minutes away from me but it felt like the drive took forever because I was so nervous. Parking was a hassle but once Essence cut the engine I knew it was time to face everything.

"Are you okay?" Essence asked.

"Yeah I'm just a little nervous."

How about extremely nervous.

"It's going to be fine. Let's just have a good time."

Slipping out of my jacket I got out of the car and we made our way into the exquisite house that belonged to Peter James.

The front door was open while the screen door stayed closed. The music was beyond loud and almost everyone was here.

I recognized many familiar faces. Even the geek from my math class was in one of the corners chatting with a few people.