11. Unexpected Surprise

Sometimes I think that things can go so good that something bad is bound to happen. At this moment, that is how I was feeling. I have never felt so right with a person then I did with Jace and I was still wondering… if it was real or not. People are not always who they say they are and I knew Jace was keeping something from me. Did I really want to know what it was?

 ************************

 “I know I’m a nerd but I’ve never actually had someone call me one” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

Jace was laughing, practically in tears, in the driver’s seat. “I’m not laughing at the fact that you’re a nerd but because of your reaction” Jace said through breaths.

We were currently in his truck eating Chipotle and he called me a nerd.

Something I was not okay with.

“I mean if studying and doing homework is your definition of a nerd than I guess that’s what I am” I said.

“Don’t worry Spencer, it’s cool. You’re the most attractive and gorgeous I have ever laid eyes on” he said.

“Don’t kiss up now punk” I said sticking my tongue out.

He let out a soft laugh. “Okay, I’m sorry. I will let you eat with no name calling” he said taking a huge bite of his burrito.

Smiling to myself, I continued to eat my chicken bowl. I enjoyed every minute I was able to spend with Jace and it just confirmed the feelings what I was having for him.

Before, I was just confused and unsure about them, but now I definitely knew I liked him… a lot.

“I never took you as a guy who would like Chipotle” I said.

“Give me almost anything and I will eat it. Well except for broccoli, I hate that stuff” he said making a face.

“I love broccoli”.

“Ewe Spencer. That stuff is poison. It feels like I’m eating a plant” he said.

“You are so dramatic” I laughed. “It’s good for you. Healthy. Much healthier than this chipotle” I said putting the lid on the almost finished bowl and stuffing it in its bag.

“When you insult my chipotle, you insult me” Jace said putting a hand to his heart. “I can’t believe you just said that. Take it back”.

“No” I giggled.

“Take it back or I will be forced to tickle you” he said balling up his empty foil and putting it inside his bag.

“I’m not even ticklish” I lied.

“I know you are” he said confidently.

“And how is that?”

“I can just tell. Besides, you’re a female”.

“What? That’s crazy”.

“Take your Chipotle comment back and I won’t tickle you” he said.

“No because it’s true. Broccoli is healthier than chipotle”.

Before I knew it, I was in the passenger seat crying from laughter and Jace was seriously tickling me.

“OH MY GOD!” I screamed. “ALRIGHT!”

“All you have to do is take it back and tell me what the truth is” I said.

“I take it back! I take it back!”

“What’s the truth?” he asked as if he were talking to a child.