"Are you doing what I think you're doing?" Essence asked me putting her hands on her hips.

I gave her a nervous smile. "Please Essence please?" I begged.

"Shut up Spencer. I'm going to go with you and I hope you know I'm not going to enjoy myself," she said walking away to her car.

She was so dramatic.

**********************

"So what's on your agenda tonight sweetheart? Hitting the books all night?" my dad asked as I helped him with his tie.

He and my mom were going to the opening of an art museum that my mom's company had sponsored. My mom owned an art studio where the museum's owner would spend all of his time. He felt he owed my mom a lot so she had two free tickets to the grand opening to what would soon be the best thing to happen here in this town.

Knowing the two of them they wouldn't be back until the morning.

My mom and dad could act like two teenagers sometimes. I would like to keep the images of what they do out of my mind.

No thanks.

"Actually I'm going to a party with Essence," I said tightening his tie and stepping back to admire my handy work. Then I looked at the shocked expression on my father's face.

"What?" I asked confused.

"A party? That's a new scene for you," he said.

"Well yeah. I thought that maybe I should go out and have some fun for a change."

This was true.

"Well I'm glad that you are going out to enjoy yourself," my dad said kissing my forehead.

"Who's enjoying themselves?" my mom asked walking out of their bathroom looking very extravagant in a long silver strapless gown.

"Our little girl is going to a party tonight," my dad said sounding proud.

Was my life that boring that going to a party was a big deal?

"It's nothing really. Peter is throwing it for Jace's birthday."

"Peter James? Bob James's son?" my dad asked clearly shocked.

I answered with a nod of my head.

"Wow honey. He's throwing a party at his house with his parent's home I hope," mom said sternly.

"I said I would go today. I don't really know the details," I said slowly backing out of their room. "I need to go get ready so I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"We left some cash in the normal spot if you get hungry," my mom was saying before I shut my bedroom door.

Why was I having a panic attack?

I know why... because I have nothing to wear! WHAT THE HELL WAS I GOING TO WEAR?!

"Hey chica," Essence said barging into my room knocking me down since I was leaning on the door.

Essence was like my sister and always had a spare key to the house.

"Oh my god I'm so glad that you're here! I need something to wear," I said standing up and embracing her into a hug.

"Well I just came from the mall and got us some amazing party dresses," she said holding up an H&M bag.

Dresses? I was thinking of a pair of jeans.

"What kind of dresses?" I asked with horror clear on my face.

Putting the bag on my bed she pulled out a dark blue body fitting, not to mention short, dress.