Servant- Chapter 2

The Servant

Chapter 2

"You look beautiful, Chastity." She heard Iona say. She turned to face the older girl.

She hadn't seen her for a few years now, as both she and Michael stayed busy running their kingdom. Still, Chastity could recognize her. She looked as beautiful as she had before and you could easily see that she was a queen.

"No, I don't. Especially not compared to you." She said. Iona frowned.

"Chas, you look gorgeous." She said. "You look like a princess. Have you and Helix decided to marry?"

"Why would he want to marry me?" She asked. "I'm not some beautiful princess. I'm just a servant girl."

"You will never change, Chastity." She heard a male voice say from behind her. Michael.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked him.

"You have never seen yourself the way others see you and you certainly can't see how my brother treats you." He said. "Is everything okay? You seem to be acting different."

"Just not feeling well." She said.

"She's nervous, Mike, about the ball. She's not been to one before." Iona said. "It's easy to see."

"I forget, you refuse to go to balls, even if my parents say it's okay." Michael said. Chastity smiled softly, glad they didn't know the real reason she was nervous about the ball tonight.

-.-.-.-.-

Chastity smiled as she walked over to Helix. He smiled back, which eased her nerves. Still, she wasn't sure this was a good idea.

"Sweetheart, everything will be fine. He wants you there and by his side." The Queen told her.

"So why do I need to enter with him? He needs to find him a wife to become king." She said, causing a jolt of pain and hurt to course through her. She hated thinking about Helix needing to find a wife. "This ball is to help him with that. Won't me entering with him disturb that plan?"

"Sweetie, everything will come into light later. Don't worry about that. Have fun tonight." The Queen said. She pulled Chastity aside even more and asked her, very quietly, "Do you really want my son to be with some other girl tonight, Chastity? Or do you want him with you?"

"How did you..." Chastity trailed off.

"Sweetie, it's easy to see you love my son. Don't be ashamed of that. It's not a bad thing. In fact, it's not shocking either. It was bound to happen with how close you two had always been." She said.

Chastity was slightly shocked by this. She knew her feelings had been showing more lately, so the fact that they knew wasn't what shocked her. She was shocked that they were okay with it. She was a servant. Helix didn't need to be with a servant. He needed to be with a princess.

"Sweetie, be proud to be on his arm tonight. That boy doesn't want to let you go. He's not going to anytime soon. Be proud about that." She said. Chastity smiled and nodded at the Queen.

"Ready to go, Princess?" Helix said, coming up behind her and pulling her close. She looked up at him and nodded a smile still on her face. He smiled back at her. "Good. I don't want to go out there without you."

"You're not going out there without me." She said.

-.-.-.-.-

Chastity couldn't help but watch Helix all night, a smile always on her face. She liked seeing him so happy.