Servant- Chapter 5

The Servant

Chapter 5

          Chastity loved her birthday. It was just a simple little celebration that included herself, Helix, his parents, Iona, and Michael. It was nice, just having them around. It was nice being able to tell them the truth about her birthday.

          Afterwards, she and Helix decided to take up his mother's offer to spend some time out of the castle. It was nice, having time to just themselves. No parents, no siblings, just them.

          "Chastity, I have a surprise for you." Helix said as they ate dinner. They had arrived at a tiny, cozy restraunt as per her request. She wanted it to be small, not some big fancy restaurant that she would feel uncomfortable in. Helix understood and gladly went to a small restaurant. It had made her smile.

          "What would that be?" She asked. She couldn't help but smile at him. She was thoroughly enjoying the night.

          "A birthday present," He said, pulling out a small box with a ribbon. The box was a pretty dark blue color with a white ribbon. The kingdom's colors.

          "You didn't have to do that." She said. He gave her a look.

          "Of course I do. My princess deserves a birthday present." He said. She blushed. All day he had been calling her his princess. While she liked the sound of it, it also worried her. She wasn't sure she was capable of ruling.

          "Thank you," She said, taking the box from him. He smiled softly, lovingly, at her. That caused her to blush even more.

          "Go ahead," He prompted. "Open it."

          So she did. Inside, past the silk hiding what lie beneath it, was a beautiful necklace made of what seemed to be silver, but she knew better. Helix didn't like silver, he liked gold. White gold, she decided. A twisting pattern made up a moon. Sitting on the moon was a girl holding a star. Coming off of the moon was three stones. Moonstones. They were her favorite.

          "Oh, Helix, I love it!" She exclaimed. "Thank you so much!"

          "You don't have to keep thanking me. I thought you deserved something special. It is your eighteenth birthday. You are now a true adult and your father has no control over you even if he did show up to take you away from me." He said.

          "Take me away from you?" She asked him. He smirked, something she hardly saw. "What is that supposed to mean?"

         "It means I don't plan on letting you go anytime soon." He said. "Believe it or not, I've been waiting on this for quite some time."

          "You've wanted to go out with me for some time now?" She asked, blushing slightly. He nodded.

          "Of course, Chastity. I have no idea how you have not noticed it. Over the past year I got over the idea of hiding it. It was not like you could see it." He said.

          "Oh," She said. "I guess I am just oblivious."

          "It's alright, Chas. I know how you are. That's why I like you." He said. "I've gotten to know you. I know what you like to do, to eat, what you look good in. I know you like I know the back of my hand. That's why I like you as much as I do."

          "You are just too kind." She said, smiling shyly and blushing. He had never said anything like that to her before. She didn't know what to say.