Chan raised an eyebrow. "Time to yourself? For how long? Dude, if I had a boyfriend that sweet and caring-."

"He's a nag."

"Nagging is caring. Wish I had a guy who nagged me, maybe I'd actually get shit done. Anyway, what I meant to say is if I had a boyfriend who cared so much about me and at the same time, that hot..."

"Yah!"

"... I'd never let him go. I'd smother him in attention until he grew sick of me!"

Soobin scoffed. "No wonder you're still single," he muttered before sipping his beer, but now he had this strange, unpleasant feeling in his stomach.

He couldn't deny that Yeonjun was attractive, of course, he was. Soobin had always liked his eye-smile and those chubby cheeks. He could be incredibly handsome when he put an effort on his fashion, but he was also really cute in just plain baggy shirts and sweatpants. And especially tonight, when dressed in those tight jeans and leather jacket, with his hair all messy like that and his eyes lined with eyeliner, he looked so hot; Soobin had almost jumped him when they were at home earlier.

And after hearing Chan talk about Yeonjun that way, it made him want to throw punches. But, he had to control himself for the sake of his reputation; he may be a party animal but he was no brawler.

"Soobin, did you know he was here tonight?"

Chan's question broke through his thoughts about his boyfriend... the boyfriend who was now upset with him...

"Yeah, I saw him earlier, he's here with his friends. Why?"

"And you just let him go off on his own, just like that?" Chan gave him a look of disbelief.

"What? It's not like he's a kid who can't take care of himself. He's a grown man."

Soobin took another sip of his beer, trying to act nonchalant, but there was a sudden uneasiness in the pit of his stomach.

"So... you didn't mind all those guys and girls ogling your man like they want to eat him up?"

The drink got caught in his throat and Soobin coughed in succession while flashing confused looks at a laughing Chan.

"Dude, seriously?!" his co-worker exclaimed, still laughing. "If I hadn't made a move, someone else would have! Your boyfriend looked hot!"

He could feel his blood boiling now. "Will you stop that?! He's my boyfriend! Mine."

His co-worker scoffed. "Really? Then maybe you should start acting like it again."

Chan's words made him pause. It weirdly echoed what Yeonjun had said to him earlier.

"I want you to act like my boyfriend again!"

The uneasy feeling in his stomach grew and he felt like throwing up.

"Soobin, man, I'm saying this partly because I care and partly because I have the hots for Yeonjun," Chan said, ignoring the glare the other sent his way. "If you don't get your act together and start appreciating him, someone else is going to come along and snatch him from right under your nose. That someone could be me, or they could be someone else. Like I said, your boyfriend's hot and from your stories, he's smart and can actually hold a stimulating conversation. And it sounds like he cares a lot about you. Trust me, you'd want to hold on to a guy like that or you'll regret it."

Chan took a sip from his beer, leaving a contemplative Soobin to his thoughts.

Everything that Yeonjun had said to him just an hour ago in the alley came rushing back to him.

Yes, his relationship with Yeonjun was, plain to say, fine over the last three years; it was stable, barely had any problems they couldn't solve, and Yeonjun was an attentive and doting boyfriend.

But Soobin had been feeling... restless.

He didn't mean to ignore the younger. He only meant to give himself a little space to breathe and have fun again. He just thought that because they had been together for so long, that maybe they had been spending all of their time with each other and not enough with other people.

He meant to give not only himself space, but also give Yeonjun some space, so the older could pursue his own fun and interests without waiting for Soobin all the time.

Sure, Soobin missed spending time with him, but he finally got a taste of the fun he used to have back in college... maybe he had a little too much taste... and maybe Yeonjun didn't exactly see his intentions that way.

Now that he thought about it, his mood in the last couple of months often fell into the realm of constant annoyance and irritation... which the older obviously noticed. He had also been taking more hours so he was often stressed out at work.

In order to unwind, he would go drinking with his colleagues. And he admitted that in his rush in the mornings to get to work early, he would leave without saying goodbye to Yeonjun, but the older never complained about it before... until earlier that night, that is.

All the things he did in the last few months played in his memories like a film... It was a film he never wanted to watch ever again.

He saw himself brushing off Yeonjun's concerns. He saw himself tuning out Yeonjun's nagging. He saw himself rejecting Yeonjun's attempts to take him out on a date at their favorite restaurant.

He saw himself drinking and clubbing many nights and coming home to a passed out Yeonjun sleeping on the couch, waiting for him. He saw himself being tempted to kiss away Yeonjun's pouts, but never did. He saw himself resisting hugging Yeonjun whenever he shivered at night... all in the name of giving themselves space from each other... space that Yeonjun never asked from him, but Soobin stupidly thought they needed.

Shit, did he take it too far?! What had he done?!

Without another word, Soobin grabbed his jacket, slapped some bills on the table for his share of the food and drinks, and rushed out of the club, ignoring Chan's calls asking where he was going.

-------

It is highly time Soobin recognizes his mistake now :)

Hope you liked it XD