Chapter 12

A/n: It's been such a long time since I have watched BSD so I apologize if the other characters that will show up in this fic are slightly swerving from their original personalities.

Oops, have I just given you guys a hint?

.

.

The soft breeze caressed your cheeks, your untied tresses swaying along with the wind.

So tranquil... This was why you loved sitting on top of the ledges carrying out its role as a railing for bridges. You were a hundred feet above the abysmal waters, and with one wrong move, you'd be falling to your death.

This was assuredly the pleasantest way to spend your weekend break.

With your late-night conversation with Hoshino, both of you had agreed to go out on a Sunday, preferring to spend the date today however you two wished. And as one would expect, you were having the time of your life thinking and devising new methods to, at some point in the future, triumphantly top yourself.

The only thing obstructing you from submerging yourself in this moment was the presence that was lurking around you.

"I know that you're as tiny as an ant, but with the aura radiating from you, it's hard to overlook your presence. Come out now,

my little dog."

And so he did.

"Hah?! Who says I'm your pet?!" He had finally shown himself.

You just clicked your tongue in faux repugnance, "You never changed, huh. You're still wearing that hideous hat, Chuuya." This must've had ticked the orange-haired rascal off because even without facing him, you could already imagine his tetchy expression, "Shut it, Y/n."

"So what brings you here, you brat?"

"We've just reunited and you're already spouting shit." He had rested his body weight on the bridge's banister, eyes glued on his former co-worker rather than the view before him.

Nakahara Chuuya.

Ability: Upon the Tainted Sorrow

True Form: Corruption

"We've just reunited and you're already barking like an agitated pup," you used his own words against him. Let's see, how much more buttons would you be able to push until he explodes like the ticking time bomb he was?

"Tch. Maybe I should've used my time on other things instead of wasting it by checking up on you."

"'Checking up'. Just admit that you missed me," you didn't know if he could see you, but you had a shit-eating grin on your face.

"Yap all you want. I'm still wondering how the world is able to handle two suicidal maniacs," Chuuya grumbled.

A soft laugh escaped you. Chuuya had always acted differently around you, even from before when your ability hadn't gone haywire and transformed you into the self-destructive aficionado that you were today. You ruminated, what could your future have been had that incident never came into sight?

"This planet is lucky enough to be graced with my presence along with his." Were you being too full of yourself? Perhaps yes. But when had stating the truth ever been deemed as wrong by society's standards?

...

"You... You're now even wearing the same clothes as that lunatic."

"What's wrong with that? Living a life as Dazai isn't as bad as you think."