Chapter 40

Avu's P.O.V.

I was so comfortable in his arms. When I looked into his eyes, they showed concern for me. In this embrace, I felt myself most protective of course after my brother. No one can take a brother's place. No one protect you like he does. No one can fight with you like he does. No one can fight for you like he does. No one can tease you like he does. No one can make you cry like he does. No one can make you smile like he does. And lastly, no one can love you like he does. I repeat no one. But this boy has something different. I don't know how I trusted him or Reem. I never trusted anyone except Jai. I don't know what happened to me.

P.O.V. ends

Sid was thinking about her and controlling himself from bursting out. She was peacefully sitting in his lap, hugging him from neck, he head burried in his chest and legs wrapped around his torso. He was caressing her hair.

After sometime, he saw she had fallen asleep. A smile came on his face seeing her sleeping like a baby. He carefully picked her up in bridal style and took her inside his tent. He laid her down covering her with quilt. He placed a kiss on her forhead and was about to get up but she hugged his arm not letting go of it.

He didn't want to wake her up so sat there. Her whole past was going on in his mind. Her sobs were ringing in his ears. He was looking at her and caressing her cheek lightly making sure she doesn't get up. Thinking about her, he didn't know when he fall asleep in that uncomfortable position.

In the morning, Avu got up first. First she got lil scared seeing Sid. She was about to scream but then she remembered last night and saw her hugging his arm.

She was staring at him while he woke up. He looked at her and smiled. He kissed her forhead.

Sid: Good morning

She smiled back at him.

Avu: Good morning. I am sorry

Sid: What for?

Avu: For...

She looked at his arm. Sid understood.

Sid: It's alright. No need of sorry

He said with assuring smile.

Avu: But you couldn't sleep last night because of me

Sid: It's ok baba. Achha at least, now toh leave my arm

She left him immediately. She felt lil embarrassed. Sid thought it's better to leave her alone for sometime rather than making it more awkward for her.

Sid: Achha I am leaving to get ready. You also fresh up

Avu: Ok

Sid left. Avu was continously smiling remembering his face, kisses he gave him, the way he took care of her last night, the way he listened to whatever she said, most importantly he didn't left her after knowing about it. She was thinking is he trustworthy and got up to fresh up. She did her morning chores and went outside and saw Sid.

She was thinking to go to him or not. Finally she build up the courage and went to him. She kept her head on his shoulder. He turned back and looked at her and gave her one of his best smiles.

Sid: Hey

Avu: Um h...hi

Sid: You alright now?

Avu: Yee. Siddharth

Sid: Yes

Avu: Thank you

Sid: Why?

Avu: For last night

Sid: Oh for beating up that dickhead

Avu: No not for that

Sid: Then?

Avu: Ya for that also. And also for hearing out my past and taking care of me whole night

Sid: Come on. You don't need to thank me

Avu smiled and forwarded her hand.

Avu: Can we be friends?

Sid thought for a minute.

Avu's P.O.V.

I knew it. I knew it why would he be friends with me. I don't even blame him. Everyone left me. Why would he stay?

P.O.V. ends

Avu: (sadly) It's ok if you don't want to. I understand. Sorry for disturbing you 😔😔😔😔

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter