Chapter 3 "New Beginnings"

*Kenzie's P.O.V*

Nat and I visited the NICU every day while we were in the hospital. We were both relieved to know that Nate would still be able to come home with us the same day we brought Shane and Jason. I was worried that they wouldn't be able to, but he fought and is still fighting to become more and more stronger by the minute, just like Nat told me. After a few days, Nat and I were able to go home with the babies. Once we had arrived back home, Nat and I brought the babies into the living room and sat with them.

"It feels so great to be back home," I said.

Nat nodded and smiles a little bit. "So far, everything is going smoothly."

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"They're not all screaming yet," He chuckled.

I shake my head, playfully. "Yet..,"

Nat nodded and put his arm around my shoulder while I rested my head on his. "I can't believe we're a family of five now."

"Neither can I," I said. "I also can't believe how small they are."

"They're smaller than Baby Yoda," Nat chuckled.

"They are," I smiled at him. 

It wasn't long until the babies began to wake up. Shane needed to be fed, Nate needed a diaper change, and Jason just wanted to be cuddled with. Since I was breastfeeding, I went ahead and took Shane while Nat took Nate upstairs to change his diaper. Luckily, Nat's parents Polly and Michael came over right in the nick of time. 

"I hear babies crying!" Polly says, coming into the living room. 

"Hey guys," I say as I try to cover myself. "I didn't hear you guys come in."

"We were in the neighborhood," Michael said. "And Nat said we could come over and help while you rest up a bit."

I nodded. "I'm okay right now," I told them. "You guys are more than welcome to stay."

Polly came and sat next to me. "Who do you have there?"

"Shane," I told her. "Nat is upstairs changing Nate's diaper, and Jason is screaming his head off."

"No worries!" Polly says, getting up. "I'll handle Jason."

"Polly dear, you should wash your hands first," Michael said. "The babies are so small and I'd hate for them to get sick."

"I've done that already," Polly informed him and picks up Jason from his car seat. 

Nat soon came downstairs with Nate. "When you're done feeding Shane, could you feed Nate?"

I nodded. "Shane is hogging most of my milk supply."

Polly chuckled. "Alex was that same way."

"Well, you know how Alex is with his love for tits," Nat laughed.

I shake my head and finished feeding Shane. Nat gave me Nate to feed him and he burped Shane. Since Nate just had surgery, he didn't seem all too hungry. I didn't want to worry too much, but my hormones were acting up and I couldn't do anything about it. 

"Come on," I say to Nate. "You need to eat, little man."

"Is he latching?" Nat asked.

"I don't think so," I say, letting out a sigh.

Nat rubs my leg. "Don't stress, okay?" He said. "We can give him a bottle if he doesn't want the boob."

"-But I want him to have it!" I cut him off. "I-I'm sorry, I'm just overwhelmed right now."