Prologue

.   

     Life as a muggleborn Slytherin was tough, but Beau Talyor was tougher. His determination was what got him through all those years of bullying and teasing. . . well that and his fists.

     At first Beau resorted to using his words but by mid-term of his third year he would lash out on anyone who dared to look at him wrong. The only exception was if they were smaller then him, he only goes after people his own size and bigger. It was a respect thing, he wouldn't go after someone who didn't stand a fighting chance.

     That's why Draco Malfoy hasn't ended up in the hospital wing yet. The time they met Beau was starting his second year and Draco his first. The Malfoy boy sat next to him during the feast and they held a pleasant conversation, that is until Draco heard that the older boy was muggleborn.

     Ever since Draco found out Beau was a Muggleborn in Slytherin he would openly rave about how bad enough it was to have his kind in the castle but in the dungeons as well.

     It was insulting and bothered Beau to no end but he tried his best to look the other way and ignore the scrawny white-haired boy. He refused to hit Malfoy and the younger boy was quick to learn that and used it to his advantage. Draco wasn't blind, he could easily see the number of people who ended up in the hospital wing because of Beau and he prided himself when he figured out the older boy wouldn't hurt him.

     But Beau was free from Malfoy during class seeing as though Draco is a year younger so he made sure to enjoy his free time and focus on his studies. From the very beginning Beau made excellent grades, top of his class, even, because he didn't really have friends to keep him company so he stuck to his books. Despite the boy sticking to himself and keeping away from the spotlight he was still subjected to plenty bigotry; mostly from older members of his House. He used to take the criticism without question and kept his head down. He's changed though.

     Now he uses his fists to fix his problems and that seemed to have worked because no one dared to whisper a bad thing in his name, except Malfoy, that is because the boy never personally experienced Beau's wrath.

     But after the Triwizard Tournament and Harry Potter claims Voldemort is back, life for Beau suddenly becomes more tense, not only is he at risk for his blood status but he is tasked in watching over a certain pureblood prick that loves making his life a living Hell. 

     After the Triwizard Tournament Narcissa worried over her child, during the first war Voldemort came and went as he pleased. She knew it would most likely happen again and she couldn't have Draco around the dark lord, he was simply a kid and she didn't want him dragged into the mess his father made. So within the last week of Hogwarts she sat down with Dumbledore and Draco in the Headmaster's office.

     Narcissa insisted on how Draco wasn't safe at the Manor and wanted him placed somewhere safe, somewhere away from the deatheaters that may or may not rise again with the news of their leader returning from the dead.

     "Well I say we ask Draco his opinion, Draco, who would you like to stay with that won't be associated with Deatheaters?" Dumbledore asked, eyes twinkling because he already knew the answer, there was only one Slytherin who didn't come from a line of wizards. "I'll send his mother an owl explaining the situation." Dumbledore continued after Draco just sat there glaring at his shoes.

     And that's how Beau got stuck with Draco.

.

Author's note!

10 - 12 - 20

Well here it is folks, a Draco Malfoy love story,

This the prologue so it is naturally a bit short, but more to come soon, stay safe everybody!

:)