22: Before It's Too Late

Start from the beginning

...

Standing at my locker, I fix my hair while looking in the mirror. Thank goodness the day was almost over.

"Mhmm."

A throat clears making me turn around seeing Gwen smiling.

"Hey Gwen."

"And where were you last night. Me and Phillip had to come up with this elaborate story to lie for you."

I slap my forehead, "Oh shoot. Sorry I forgot. Thanks for covering for me... and I'm sorry about everything... you know with Peter."

Gwen waves her hand nonchalantly, "Oh please it's fine. I'm actually not as upset as I thought I would be. Maybe because I finally see that it was him that made you so happy. And I care about your happiness."

I frown, "What about your happiness?"

"I'll find it. It'll find me. When the time is right. But you two... time was overdue."

I nod slowly before pulling Gwen into a hug. She immediately hugs back.

"I missed you Mila."

"I'm back."

Pulling away we both grin. Something catches Gwen's eye that makes her look away. I look over to where she was looking and see Peter walking quickly down the hall with his hand in his bag. Gwen snaps her head to me and frowns.

"Did he tell you?"

"Yup..."

"Oh good. That makes things so much easier."

"Yeah so you know about Connors."

"I do." Gwen nods.

"Okay so I've been thinking and snooping and I think there may be an antidote. I'm not sure but it's worth a try."

"Well then what are we waiting for?"

...

3rd Person's POV

Back in his sewer lab, Connors has morphed back into his human form and is thinking to himself, 'Peter Parker. Spider-Man! I'm not the one who needs help! There will be no more loneliness, no more outcasts. Species wide distribution could enhance humanity on an evolutionary scale. One has to adapt to survive.'

He speaks out loud as he stops around angrily, "Without changing likeness I might be free to cast off flesh wherein I dwell confide."

Thinks to himself again, 'Would you give it all up, after all you know you can do?'

He then takes the serum and injects himself with a high dosage, "I can save them!"

Connors starts transforming.

"You're not gonna get in the way of my plan, Peter Parker!"

Running through the tunnel, the lizard climbs into the school bathroom threw the sewers. Breaking through the wall, kids all run with terror. Peter runs into an empty classroom and puts on his Spiderman suit.