Chapter Ten.

"You do know you'd be a horrible mother, right? Just stating out the obvious" Alpha says.
         "You do know your head is smaller than the rest of your body. I'm surprised all that ego can still fit into there. Just stating out the obvious. " I smile demonically.
    He then gives a somewhat puzzled face as I turn to Monica and say "come on let's leave this suppose to be grown man to have his all night teenage party".
       And with that we depart from the asswipe.
       As we get to the hut Monica looks up with hopeful eyes and asks "Did you really mean what you said about being my mommy? " and I reply "Yeah! Sure! " she then gives me a big tight hug and says "Yay! We'll have a great time! You can take me to the playground. We could play together. You can even get me a new daddy and a new baby brother.... I always wanted a brother! " she says rushing each word.
           I then pat her head and reply "Yeah. Whatever. Let's start with getting you a bath first. " I tell her and she nods excitedly
         After grabbing the towel i also stole from the supermarket and one of my shirts for her, we head to the pond.
        As we get there, she starts taking off her clothes. As she's about to take off her shirt, I then remember the cameras and stop her before she goes any further.
         "Wait! Bathe with your shirt on! " I tell her. "Why? "She asks. "There's cameras! " I tell her and then she mouths an 'ooohhhhh' and gets into the pond.
        I sit on the ground and then tell her "don't worry, well get some soap and a loofah soon "
      "Its okay. why don't you join me ? " she asks me. "I'm good! " I reply bluntly. "Come on. You look like you need a bath! " she tells me.
      "Are you tryna say I'm dirty? " I question her. "No! I'm not also saying you're clean either "she replies shrugging. I smile softly. I kinda like her attitude.
        I then get into the pond by her side. I dip my head into it and bring it back up finding a smiling Monica.
       "What?! " I ask her. "Nothing. I just like your hair. " she says sweetly. "Thank you. " I reply her and look away.
      "Wooooowwwww it shrinks when wet!!! Is it like magic or something? "She questions still smiling. I then reply her "or something! "

        After about an hour or so of soaking we get out of the pond. I wipe her dry with the towel and cover her little frame with mine so she can change her shirt. When she's done we grab everything and head back to the hut.
     When we get back I give her a pair of shorts to wear and then change out of my wet clothes. I hang our wet clothes on top the hut to dry.
     When I get inside I dry her hair with the towel and tie it in a bun. I then grab some chocolate bars and water for our dinner. Then I hand her a blanket and we lay on the floor of our sorry my small hut.
        After five minutes the only thing that could be heard was the sounds of our chocolate wraps and the blasting music. I then ask the question that's been on my mind since I met her. "What about your real mom? "
       She looks up at me and looks back down. "She died six months ago. In a  plane crash"
       I heard about that plane crash. It was all over the news. About a hundred people lost their lives. Thats terrible I guess.
        "She was on her way here. She was coming back from a business trip in The Netherlands. We were on the phone with her, before she got onto flight 316. The next day as my dad and I were playing cards. He got a phone call. His facial expression changed and he turned on the news.The next thing we heard flight 316 had crashed and they were no survivors.
        My dad was sad. For two months he didn't come out of his room. At least my grandma was there to help.
       After I think the third month he started coming out. But he never spoke to me. I tried to talk to him but he always gave me the silent treatment. Like he was angry at me or something... Then one day he says we're going to out and he drives away. I watched him drive away.I sat there for a whole day, hoping he'd come back.After the second day I lost hope.Maybe I'm the problem "
       After narrating her last six months to me she starts crying. I honestly don't know what to do so I grab a tissue and hand it to her she thanks me and dabs her eyes.
       "How old are you? "I ask her
"I'm nine! " she replies and sniffs.
She's really young to experience such pain. Even though I experienced more. I'm so glad I can't remember any of it. I glance at my watch and its 11:59pm
        I then stand up and tell her "I'm going to town to get supplies and clothes. Stay here and don't make noise or touch anything "
"Can I come? "She asks. "No!" I reply her.
      I then exit the hut and start walking towards town.