Extra Chapter

A/N: Just a small extra chapter I wrote awhile go. Enjoy!

The chauffeur pulled the car up to Monoma's house in a similar fashion as they did almost everyday. His door was opened and his butler greeted him with a smile.

"Welcome back, Master Monoma."

"Did you move NW Corps documents to my office?" Monoma asked, walking to the house.

"Yes, sir."

"Good. I'm going to be working in my office the rest of the day." The doors were opened for him and he handed his butler his coat and briefcase."Have dinner ready and in my office by six."

"Yes, sir." His butler nodded, handing Monoma's things off to one of the maids waiting by the door. While they handled his things, Monoma looked over at the main hall and saw Shinsou standing behind the ledge on the second floor, staring at him. A smile spread across Monoma's lips.

"I'm home!" he greeted him with wide arms."Were you waiting for me?! How sweet, Hitoshi! Come down and give your owner a hug!"

Shinsou's face had been blank before but it quickly morphed into a look of disgust. His ears pulled back against his head and his tail flicked once in irritation. He turned away and left the entryway to go back to the east wing.

"Huh?" Monoma blinked, arms slowly dropping."What's wrong with him?"

Monoma decided not to dwell on it for too long. Instead he went to his office to do some paperwork and send out some emails. It was much more comfortable than working in his office at the company, after all.

His butler prepared him a drink and he got to work. Dinner was still far away which gave Monoma plenty of time to get what he needed to get done. At some point Shinsou had walked into his office. He could always be eerily quiet when he wanted to be and Monoma was deep in his work so he hadn't realized Shinsou had entered.

It was when Monoma's brow began to furrow while looking at some endless text that his hybrid finally made itself known. His method was a simple and effective wad of paper straight to the face.

Monoma stared at the ball of paper that dropped onto his desk, then looking up at the perpetrator with an annoyed expression which quickly morphed into one of confusion upon realizing that Shinsou was the one who threw it at him. He was casually sitting on his couch in the usual spot he did whenever he lazied around in Monoma's office.

Shinsou stared at him and Monoma stared back with squinting eyes and smiled smugly."Why hello there little kitty. Come to stare in awe at my grandeur?"

Shinsou had that disgusted look on his face again."So irritating..." he grumbled, looking away. His tail thumped once against the couch.

"Shouldn't I be saying that?" Monoma raised an eyebrow."You've been acting strange. Are you on your period or something? Ate some bad fish? Ah, maybe it's your mating season? I heard cats have mating seasons."

"I don't have to go through anything like that," Shinsou snapped back.

"Then did my staff do something to you?" Monoma asked, a bit more serious this time."You say the word and I'll fire whoever you like."

"No, they didn't do anything wrong."

"Then I give up. You'll just have to tell me what's wrong because my precious brain can't possibly waste anymore effort!"

"That!" Shinsou shouted suddenly, shocking Monoma. He usually was more laid back so him suddenly shouting let Monoma know something was really wrong."You never pay much attention to me and then you suddenly come back home smelling like another hybrid..."

Shinsou's voice got softer as he talked until it was barely above a whisper. Monoma was honestly so happy Shinsou was acting all jealous and clingy, but knew he needed to quell his worries first before enjoying himself.

"Do I smell that strongly?" he asked, wondering if it was a hybrid thing."I know one of my coworkers has a pet hybrid, so it might be her. You know I would never get close to another hybrid."

"It's feint, but I can smell it," Shinsou grumbled back in response, rubbing his neck. His tail curled at his side and his ears still remained pressed back.

Monoma sighed."You know I have to meet plenty of people throughout the day, Hitoshi. I can't avoid it if I catch some other hybrids scent." He could tell Shinsou was looking dejected and grinned, ready to work a bit of his magic."But that means all you have to do is make sure to put your scent back on me when I get home, right?"

The way Shinsou instantly perked up, ears and all, made Monoma want to laugh. He was so easy sometimes.

"Then, will you let me start sleeping with you?" Shinsou asked, tail flicking back and forth.

"This and that are two different things," Monoma rejected. Once a week was already more than enough."I just mean you can stick closer to me when I'm at home. As long as it's before I shower and go to bed I can handle a little fur."

Shinsou's eyes widened.

"This'll also handle your loneliness, right? At least while I'm here."

Shinsou opened his mouth like he wanted to object that statement, but knew better. It was true he would grow lonely when Monoma was gone. There was no helping it, though, because he couldn't always take him on business trips or come home early given his job. So any moment they had together became something Shinsou began to cherish deeply.

That went both ways.

"Alright, it's a deal." Shinsou nodded."Let's start right now."

"Right now?" Monoma asked looking to him and then the load of work in front of him."I've got a lot of work to do right now so maybe you could just hold off until I'm done..."

"No, right now." Shinsou was stubborn as ever. Yet Monoma enjoyed that about him.

Monoma squinted and hummed, thinking briefly of what to do in the face of such a conundrum."Alright, I get it. You just can't help but want to be close to the wonderful me. We'll do it like this."

He rolled himself in his chair away from his desk, spreading his arms wide for Shinsou."That way I can also get my work done."

Shinsou stared at Monoma for far too long. Monoma thought, at first, he didn't like his idea but the reddening of his ears made Monoma realize he was just embarrassed. Well, that much made sense. It wasn't exactly the most formal position.

"C'mon, don't be shy," he goaded.

Shinsou gave in then, standing up abruptly and walking over to Monoma."Don't blame me if I'm too heavy," he warned before promptly sitting down so they were now chest to chest in a much more scandalous picture than Monoma had been thinking.

He was under the assumption Shinsou would be sitting on his lap like a normal person and not straddling him like they were about to do something sexy. No, no, no, he had work to do. No need to get all worked up for nothing.

Shinsou's tail wrapped around his leg like it always did as he buried his face into the crook of Monoma's neck. As for Monoma, who just had a mini panic attack, he just quietly pushed his chair back forward and attempted to get back to work. But of course before he could even put a hand on his keyboard Shinsou started purring.

God, such a sweet angelic sound really soothed his heart. How was he supposed to work now? He had made a terrible, terrible deal with his hybrid yet again. He should've learned from his mistakes.

"You're gonna be my demise..." he mumbled to Shinsou.

The other purred."Get back to work."

Monoma sighed."Yes, yes."

Honestly, though, Monoma was quite happy. And it seemed Shinsou was too.