Chapter One

Henry's Point Of View

I stood nervously on Platform Four of Euston Station. It had been ten years since we last met, would she even remember me? The last time I saw her she was dressed in black, standing at a graveside, tears destroying her soft delicate cheeks. How could I have made that stupid promise to Jamie? There was never a chance in hell I could help myself. I loved her the moment I saw her. It had been at my brothers Passing Out Parade. She sat with her parents only a few seats from me. I could not take my eyes off her. The way her face brimmed with pride, how she clapped with such vigour, how she kept looking at me out of the corner of her eye knowing I was watching her, the small smile on her perfect lips as she got up out of her seat to see her brother. The way I felt when my brother told me he knew her, knowing I could keep her in my life somehow. My stomach knotted even more remembering that terrible one and only date we ever had. I was such an idiot to even think she would want to be with me after that and still there was nobody but her. Yes, I had dated my fair share of women since that night, but none of them shone a light on dear Faith King. My heart was hers and always would be. If only I had chosen not to make that damn promise not to try anything while she stayed with me. I could not keep that promise, I knew it and Jamie knew it too. I was completely in love with his sister. Watching the train pull in, I just hoped she did not hug me. She likes her hugs and cuddles.

She stepped down from the train and thanked a fellow passenger for helping her with her bags and she took a deep breath.

"Henry."

The sound of her voice calling me sent a bolt of ice down my spine. I am breaking that promise.

"Henry, it's so good to see you again," she exclaimed hugging me tight. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too Honeybee."

"You remember my nickname?"

"I do. I think I was the one who gave it too you. My little Honeybee."

"Thank you, for the nickname and for letting me stay. Did Jamie tell you why I wanted to come?"

"He didn't, he just said you wanted to get away for a few months."

I watched as her eyes glistened. My heart broke as her tears fell.

"I'm ashamed to say it's a broken heart, but not like that. We were not in love, which is why he cheated. Didn't seem worth staying true I guess."

"I'm sorry."

"Why? You had nothing to do with it."

I did. I should not have let her go. I should not have left her that day. I should have claimed her as mine and saved her from such a horror.

"Henry, you are just as bad as Jamie. Neither of you can protect me. It's a dropped stitch in life's tapestry."

"Hello philosopher."

I smiled as she laughed.

"It's the best way to look at it. Do not tell Jamie but I plan on being as free as a bird. You'll be calling me your Hummingbird next."

I smiled uneasy. When the Kings said free, I knew it was going to cause problems.

"I won't cause too much trouble."

"Taxi bay is this way," I told her picking up her bags and carrying them to the exit.

I hailed a taxi, gave them the address, and sat back. All the knots in my stomach were still there, but Faith was the answer.

"You seem different," she told me, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Not at all. I'm happy to have you stay with me that's all."

"I'm happy too. I wan to do some many things while I'm here."

"Like what?" I asked, looking down at the top of her head.

"Sight-seeing, all the shows in the West End, to see a Ballet, to make crazy decisions and most of all to fall in love."

"Why the last one?"

"I've never done that, so why not."

I kissed the top of her head lightly and she moved away too look out of the window.

I had an even bigger challenge than keeping my promise, now I needed to make her fall in love with me.