Chapter 6

Previously:

Glassy unfocused eyes tear up. Tugging at the cloth, he leaned further into the hug. God, all their arguing had truly made Tommy miss his brother in all but blood. He had been so scared, trapped in that stupid box.

They were holding each other, just like on the first day of this hellish week.

"As much as this warms my cold and bleeding heart, could you two explain what's going on?"

Techno nudged him in the side and Tommy coughed awkwardly into his elbow. They had stopped hugging and were now just sitting beside each other. The pig took this opportunity to remove the heavy wet cloak off his shoulders to dry.

"Well you see, Wilbur, I don't have any vision anymore 'cuz I had an accident a week ago with a witch." Tommy stated it matter-of-factly. During the past week he reflected long and hard about his situation. He'd decided that when he regains his vision, he wouldn't take it for granted like in the past. No longer. No more.

Wilbur scoffed, "You are aware that potions don't last that long right?" Rolling his eyes, the blond found Wil's attitude alarmingly tame. Shouldn't his friend be taking this more seriously?

"You don't get it- It's not going away. This wasn't a regular potion, I-...it was like a glitch or something." His voice trembled. Sure, him being a long time player he's had experience with glitches but... none had ever been this severe! His fingernails dug into his hands. It was truly a frustrating thing to live through.

He heard chuckles coming from the other Brit. Furrowing his brows, he couldn't understand what was so funny. Opening his mouth to ask, he got interrupted by the deep voice rumbling; "Oh Tommy...Have you forgotten that I'm an admin?"

Tommy felt astonished that he forgot. Admins were of a totally different type of player. They had the power to toy with the laws of the world, like deities on their respective servers. The boy grinned and exclames, "Hurry up then! I don't got all day!"

"Hush, child, be patient. " A moment of silence, until...

Techno exclaims "What the-"

Winds ripped through the air, colliding with his body. He got flung into the wall, luckily not smashing a window and hurting himself even more. The noise was piercing and he tried to clutch his ears, but the pressure wouldn't let him go so he was stuck. He felt weightless, cold as ice and unable to breathe. His whole body shook under the immense power.

It lasted for a few intense seconds before the blast calmed down. His body, suddenly acting as if the heaviest object in the room, crashed onto the floor leaving him in pain and probably with a concussion.

"The hell was that?!" Tommy screams. He had been taken by surprise and hadn't liked that at all. He was waiting for either Wilbur or Techno to respond, but no answer came. "Hello?" He called out, standing up. He then heard the pig respond, "I'm over here Tommy. Wil's gone."

"W-...what?" Tommy breathed out. Wilbur... left? Huh?

"...I'm not sure either."

A moment of silence fell between the two. Tommy felt himself panicking.

"Techno what just happened?" He asked weakly.

"There was a... Wil's eyes were glowing like... but then he started to float? And the wind was coming from him. The man looked possessed. After a bit he just... disappeared. But you can't disappear, that's impossible." The man muttered, obviously deep in thought trying to understand the situation. His unclear details were annoying Tommy deeply.

"Dude. What did Wilbur do?"

There was no response. Tommy only felt his anxiety grow with every moment that passed in this suffocating silence. Well, if the king doesn't want to answer, he'll have to find out himself. Think. What was the last thing his friend did? Well... He had tried to find and destroy a glitch. Maybe it had something to do with that?

After voicing his hypothesis, Techno confirmed that he believed the same, but the pigman continued pacing around the room agitatedly. Tommy couldn't muster up the strength to walk over to him, so he slouched and slid down the wall into a sitting position. "I guess all we can do now is trust him to get back, huh?"

Not waiting for an answer to his rhetoric question, he sighed, rubbing his eyes. Everything was shit right now and he couldn't deal with it. He felt so tired. Closing his eyes, he wondered if Techno would mind babysitting him until Wilbur came back while he slept. As he started feeling drowsy, his friend spoke up,

"Hey man I-... I'm sorry for how I acted the other day...days." Techno's uncertain voice snapped him out of his trance. Tommy frowned.

"Nonono, don't worry Techno. I'm just- I'm the one who's sorry for acting like that and running away that day. That's not very poggers of me."

He chuckles. "An understatement." And the man's steps resonated as he approached Tommy, lasting until he sat down against his side, saying nothing. His heavy eyes drop. He was tired, and Techno was so warm...

"Tommy, wake up." He got drowsily woken up by a gentle shove. Yawning he rubbed his face. Waking up is always so weird these days, him constantly being in the dark and all. He lifted himself up on unsteady legs. "Techno? Is Wilbur back?"

"Hey Tommy-" The British voice started.

"Did it work? Then why can't I see? Did your coding not work? Do we need to call another admin?" Tommy's voice sounded strained even to his ears. A sall beat of silence before Wilbur started up, sounding meek.

"I...Well... I don't know how to explain this...Well-" Panic rises up in his chest. Anger came out.

"Hurry up! "

"TOMMY, stop interrupting me! I'm trying to make this the least painful possible for the both of us ok?"

That shut him up. Tommy can practically see the crease between the other man's brows and the way he was rubbing at his temples. That's not very reassuring. The warm calloused hand resting on his shoulder, though.

"Okay so... I'm going to start with the beginning. Tommy, I don't know why, but your whole character file is glitched. The only way to get rid of the 'stain' caused by the potion, is to reset the whole thing."

"...what?"

"Tommy... if you want your vision back, you'll need to start over from scratch your character." Techno uttered gravelly.

And Tommy ran.