Final - In Love with the Future You

Fuyuhiko opened his still drowsy eyes, surprise that he woke up before his alarm clock sounded, need not pressing the snooze button ten times every five minutes. He looked at the window, and was even more surprised when it's still dim outside. He felt that something is odd and different the moment he awoke, but he decided to ignore it.

Glancing at the digital wall clock while standing up, he realize it's just 5:14 in the morning. Weird. This is very unusual since he is not a morning person.

Deciding that it won't hurt to prepare early for school, Fuyuhiko started doing his morning rituals. As he head down the kitchen to grab some breakfast, he noticed that their house's first floor is still deserted.

It can only mean two things: One, his parents and Natsumi are still asleep in their room upstairs; or two, they already left since they always are both on call because they are doctors and Natsumi is still asleep. Fuyuhiko learned to tend for himself and his sister ever since he was 8 years old, so it does not really bother him, being alone with her.

He turned the TV on at the living room for some morning news as he ate his breakfast. The news is about the early campaigns of the presidential candidates for the nationwide election. That is so ridiculous. They are too crazy to have campaigns right now. The new president was just elected two months ago, and the presidential elections won't happen until four years from now. Politicians sometimes really are feebleminded.

Fuyuhiko took his time eating and preparing for school since it's just 6:15, and he doesn't have to leave the house until it's 6:40 since the school is near their house and he have a bicycle for a ride.

After ten minutes, Fuyuhiko ran out of things to do, so he decided to just go to Hope's Peak even if it is really early.

Usually, he go to Hope's Peak with his best friend Hinata Hajime, the SHSL Mechanic, who also has his own bike. It has been a routine ever since middle school and until now that both of them got scouted by the famous Hope's Peak.

But Fuyuhiko is earlier than the usual so he wrote down a note telling Hajime that he already left and posted it in front of their gate.

I'm sure he'll be able to see that.

As Fuyuhiko reached the gates of Hope's Peak, he was once again surprised that no one is there just yet. The school is totally deserted. He checked his wristwatch to make sure that he wasn't really too early for school.

6:43 AM. It's not that fucking early.

He double-checked the time using his cell phone and even checked his calendar to make sure that today is Monday. It is.

Where the fuck is everyone?

Fuyuhiko tried calling Hajime and his other classmates but no one is picking their phone up.

He even attempted to go get inside the campus but the gates are locked, and there are no security guards.

The fuck! Something is really, really wrong.

That's when Fuyuhiko remember that on his way here, he haven't even come across a single person, let alone a cat or a dog or even a bird. He started having goosebumps. Grabbing his phone, he dialed his mom's number then Natsumi's.

"Come on.. Fucking answer it.." He murmured after the fifth ring.

Fuck! No answer. And it's already 7:28 AM.

Maybe I should just go home and find that Natsumi is still sleeping. ...What if I am fucking all alone in this entire city because all these bastards caught a virus and were turned into a zombie and I am the only one who is immune to the virus? Fuck. A zombie apocalypse? Damn right, this is all Ibuki's fault. That Gamer introduced me and the whole class to her fucking games and now I'm fucking paranoid.