George Russell (2)

Start from the beginning

We stand up as we walk to our garages. I take off the shirt and hand it to Mia. "Y/N, calm down." She said as she saw my shaking hands. "I'm sorry." I said as I looked into her eyes. "Don't you dare cry!" She shouted as I chuckled softly. I looked down feeling the tears brimming my eyes. I hated when I cried whenever I was nervous.

I felt two arms wrap around my waist as I jumped forward. "You'll be okay, love." George said in my ear as I smiled. "Thank you." I said as I turned around and gave him a proper hug. I put on my balaclava and gloves as I jump into the car. I put in the steering wheel and take a shaggy breath. "Your helmet." Mia said as she handed my blue and purple helmet with the (your country) flag on the back.

I put it on my head as I get strapped in. "You don't want water during the race, right?" Mia asked as I nodded. "I'll need to pee if I have water." I said as she chuckled. "Let's do this!" She shouted as I started the car. I drove to the grid and into 12th position as I had a fantastic qualifying session in my Williams.

Within 10 minutes, I was seated watching the red lights. "Can you hear me Y/N?" Mia asked through my earphones. "Yes I can." I said as I sighed. "Good luck out there." The crew shouted at me as I smiled. "Thanks guys." I said as I held down on my accelerator and break as the lights turned red.

The red lights disappeared as I took off. I squeezed through Alex and Carlos as they were 10th and 11th. I came close to the turn as Alex slowed down, allowing me to push through and go around on the outside. I lost a bit of speed but I was able to jump into 11th behind Carlos.

We go down the straight as I pick up speed by driving right behind Carlos. I pass him with ease as I smiled, happy I was in 10th and able to get the Williams crew a point. As the race continued, I struggled against Ocon, attempting to get into 9th but man that guy was great at defending his spot.

I sighed as he blocked the inner line of the corner so I wasn't able to overtake. "Don't worry Y/N. You'll get there." Mia's voice ran in my ear as I nodded even though she couldn't see. After the 37th lap, I noticed a bunch of cars all backed up on the dangerous corner I was talking about earlier. "Crash up ahead!" Mia shouted as I slowed down and went around on the outside. I look briefly to my right and see Lewis, Charles and Daniel had crashed together. I look ahead to see Ocon slamming on breaks.

I dodge and move to the left and end up on the gravel. I move quickly and accelerate quickly so Ocon couldn't overtake me once more. "Great driving!" Ben, another person in my crew, shouted in my ear. "You're currently in 6th place. You're 5 seconds behind Lando." Ben said as I smiled. "How's George?" I asked. "Focus on your race, not his." Ben said in a stern voice as I scoffed. "I'm doing fine. Please tell me." I said as he sighed. "He's in p10." He said as I smiled, happy to see him possibly get a point today.

The race stayed the same for the remainder of the 44 laps. I park into the garage as I jump out and give Mia a hug. "Yes! I'm so proud!" She shouted as I smiled. "See, you were nervous for nothing." She said as I rolled my eyes. "Clearly. Wow! P6." I said in disbelief as I pat the car. "Well done babe." I said to my car as Mia laughed at me. "Y/N!" I heard behind me and I turned around. George came running towards me and picked me up and twirled me around.

He put me down and took off his helmet as did I. I took off my balaclava as he laughed. "Nice hair." He said as I smacked his chest. "Shh man." I said as I walked to the cooling room. I sat down as he joined me. He handed me a bottle of water as I drank it quickly as I was dying of thirst. "Thank you." I said as I put the bottle down

"I know this isn't the right time but I need to say this otherwise I never will." George said as I looked at him, confusion written all over my face. "I really like you Y/N. I have for god knows how long. I've been wanting to tell you for forever but I just couldn't. I didn't have the balls." He said with a chuckle at the end as I smiled at him. "I've liked you forever too George." I said as he looked at me, shock evident in his eyes.

"Really?" He asked as I nodded and smiled at him. "Would you like to go out with me tonight?" He asked as I smiled at him and nodded. "I'd love too." I said as he gave me a toothy grin. "Homemade pizza?" We both asked at the same time. We both chuckled as I looked into his blue eyes. "Let's go shower and have the interviews so we can go as soon as possible." I said as he laughed at my eagerness. "You wanna kiss me that bad?" He asked as I shoot him a death glare which earned a chuckle from George.

*****

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed! Remember to vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it and I just wanna say thank you for all the reads already! Stay safe everyone xx