(P) Oscar Piastri (1)

care
/kɛː/
noun
the provision of what is necessary for the health, welfare, maintenance, and protection of someone or something

"You don't care and you never did."

Y/N - your name

"Oscar!" I shout at my best friend as he tosses a pillow at me. "Pillow fight!" He exclaims as he starts attacking me. I try and hit him back but to no success. He finally stops as he couldn't breathe from laughing so hard. "Oh come here, Y/N." he says as he lays down on the bed, opening his arms. I fall into his arms as we start cuddling like we have always done since we were younger.

We became best friends as soon as we were both born. I was two days younger than him, so he always used that to his advantage of course. We always used to sleep in the same bed and play with each other 24/7. We even went to the same school until he started racing. I went into engineering whilst he did the racing. But no matter what, we were always by each other's side. 

"I have to tell you something." Oscar says as I nod, sitting up. My ears perk up as I nod towards him, "What's up buttercup?" I ask as he chuckles softly. "I need to tell you about my crush." He says as I raise my eyebrows. A little hint of hope was in my heart, hoping this would be the moment he would admit he was in love with me as I was with him. "And who is that?" I ask.

I cross my fingers behind my back as his cheeks turn red. "Veronica." He says as my eyebrows drop. "Seriously?" I ask causing him to frown. "Yeah. What's wrong with that?" He asks as I shake my head. I smile at him, a very fake smile but it was doing the job, "Nothing, it's just I didn't expect it." I say as he shrugs. "I mean, Oscar, she used to bully you." I continue as he rolls his eyes.

"We were 10, Y/N, we have all grown up since then." He says but I shake my head. I had a bad feeling about this but I know he wouldn't listen. I still try, "Are you sure she's not using you for money or anything like that?" I ask as he sighs, "Seriously, Y/N, I tell you who I like and you only have bad things to say?" He says as he sits up with a big frown plastered on his face.

"I'm not saying anything bad! I'm just telling you how she used to bully you. I'm just highlighting the past." I defend myself as he shrugs, "Well, she has changed. I promise you." He says as I shrug and nod my head. I lay back in his arms as my heart slowly shatters in silence. This sucked balls, knowing that I would probably get pushed aside because of this new relationship.

-

That's exactly what happened, I was pushed aside. To be fair, I did also disassociate myself with Oscar after getting together with Veronica, but she didn't make things any easier. Those cuddling days with Oscar quickly disappeared, along with our weekly coffee dates. Since I did graduate, I was now an engineer for Prema racing, specifically F2. I obviously saw Oscar, but he was never allowed to talk to me, Veronica's orders.

I sigh as I watch them cuddling. "You good?" I hear Arthur asks me as I nod. "Just disappointed." I say as I point towards the couple. "I hear that there is trouble in paradise." He says as I shrug, "Oh well." I say as he chuckles. "Everything will fall into place." He says as he pats my back. I thank him before he walks away. "Y/N, can you please just place this in Oscars room?" One of the personal trainers ask.

Since I was the newbie, I agreed. It was the least I could do to show my respect for the team. I take the bag, probably filled with clothes, to his racing room. I drop it in his room as I look around, seeing a few pictures on the wall. I see a picture of the two of us, making me smile.

"Y/N? What you doing here?" Oscar asks. I jump, not expecting him in here. "Oh, I was just dropping a bag off." I say as I point towards it. He nods his head as I start making my way out but his large hand stops me. "Wait, can we talk?" He asks as I scoff, "Are you sure your girlfriend will be okay with that?" I ask as he sighs. "We just broke up. She was getting a little crazy." He says as I chuckle.

"Either way, that doesn't mean everything can go back to normal." I state, knowing that he wanted to talk about our friendship. "Y/N, don't be like that." He says as I frown. "Don't be like that? Oscar, you put a fucking girlfriend over our friendship. I mean, we've been friends since we were in nappies (diapers) and you put her in front of our friendship." I say as he sighs. He goes to answer again but I cut him off.

"You don't care and you never did!" I exclaim as he frowns. His expression turns soft as he shakes his head, "Y/N, I have always cared. Why would you say that?" He asks as he holds both of my hands. "You chose her over me! If you really cared about me and about us, you wouldn't have chosen her." I say as I look down. "I mean, you didn't even care about my feelings towards you." I say but I soon regret it.

With all my ranting, I didn't even think twice with what I said. He looks at me, "Your feelings? What do you mean about that?" He asks as I mentally slap myself. I look down, my foot tapping uncontrollably. "Y/N..." he says sternly as I look up to be met with his kind eyes. "I've liked you for years now, Oscar. I didn't say anything because of our friendship, but also because when I thought I could, you would get with another girl." I say as he sighs.

"Oh Y/N, I wish you would've said something sooner." He says as his hand moves to my cheek. Before I could question what he means, he answers me by placing his lips to mine. The kiss is sweet and soft, nothing rough about it. His hands grip my waist as mine wrap around his shoulders. I pull him closer to me as his grip tightens around me. I swipe my tongue across his bottom lip, needing and wanting to taste him.

He opens his mouth as we take this sweet kiss a step further. Oscar pulls me towards the couch in his room as he sits down, leaving me to straddle his waist. We continue our make out session until a knock on the door catches our attention, "Yes?" Oscar asks. "Hey Oscar. Where is Y/N? We need her help." One of the engineer ask. "I'm not sure, but I'll give her a call." He says as the engineer thanks Oscar.

I look back to Oscar as he has a cheeky smile on his lips, "I guess we have to continue this later." He says as I smile. "I guess so." I say as he leans forward and presses a kiss to my lips. I pull away and stand up, making my way to the door. "But Y/N, please just know that I've always cared for you and will forever care for you." He says as I smile at him, "I'll always care for you too." I say as we send each other a shy smile.

*****

This was cuuuuuute, but you know what's cuter? The pain my mouth is in after getting my wisdoms removed✨. Holy shit guys, I never thought removing 4 teeth could result in such pain. But it leaves me to do as much writing as possible. You are welcome. Stay safe lovies xx