Chapter 2 || Home

~*~

Maybe someday I'll see you again?

Broken promises

Broken dreams

You were once here

Then why did just a gentle flower disappear?

                                                                                               ~*~

Nearing the door, you instinctively searched for the keys in your bag, pulling a rather simplistic key chain with keys that is if you set aside the few whatnot strange key chains and charms in it that you had decided to add to 'spice' things up, with the occasional sound of clinking as metal and metal hit each other, you chose the key that belongs to the doorknob and unlocked the door.

Click

Locking the door once again, you headed towards the entrance to remove your quite messy shoes. Noticing the mud stuck in it, you made a mental note to clean it up later and shine it once again like how it was before the rain decided to pour down before you had even reached your sweet abode. Upon your eyes finally reaching and inspecting the little to coin sized splotches of either mud or water clinging into your belongings, your mouth unconsciously formed a sneer, face contorting to anger and disgust. Lifting your right hand up to check the time, which was 6: 24 pm.

Ugh, of course the time decided to make me suffer and endure wearing semi mud splotched and damp uniform clothes, perfect...

Sarcasm dripping especially to the last words you uttered, with a little reassuring directed towards yourself that you can wear comfortable new pair of clothes as long as you finish up your chores fast and accurately. With a list of things to do in sequence, you placed your dripping umbrella into a slot beside the entrance in your house.

"I'm home Ma!"

With arms stretched for a moment your voice bounced off the house, satisfied with your little yet traditional proclamation whenever you reached home., you head towards the kitchen , the table bare of any food, with one chair propped beside it.

I miss you Ma...

Tears suddenly accumulated in your eyes, the burning sensation not so new to you anymore, the sudden urge to just lay down and cry almost overpowered the need to eat. With a few breaths in and out, you placed your right hand on your left chest, an action you tend to do to try to not just breakdown and replay the last few months...

It's okay Y/N, you can do this... remember, Ma won't be happy if you stay being a sad potato...

With both of your index fingers, you pushed the ends of your mouth, forcing a smile on your saddened face, with eyes closing shut, you pictured out your mother with her beautiful h/c locks sliding past her shoulders as she leans down on a younger version of you, innocent and way more adorable than the other kids, as how your mother describe you, a bright smile plastered upon her face, her white apron that you have grown to love tied in her waist, the smell of fresh and hot dinner lingering around the air.