the sun was setting as I snuck out of the house. It was stupid, because there was no reason too sneak out. I wasn't planning to Meet up with Richard or anything. I just looked at the sunset and thought of how magnificent it would be if I sat upon the castle tree. My mother wouldn't let me go out this late, so I am where I am now. Sneaking out.

My parents were already asleep, So I thought it would be easy for me to sneak out. I was wrong. When I snuck out to the living room, my father laid there, passed out from a long hard day of work. I quietly tip toe around him, praying he wouldn't wake up. Luckily, I made it pass. I silently shut the door behind me.

The cool fresh hair whistled past my ear. I felt a little guilty, but also free. I walk down the empty road, the only people where a few drunk men talking loudly on the side of the road. None of them bothered me.

I walked up the hill and saw the shadowy figure of the Castle-tree, that me and Richard climbed everyday to practice for Romeo and juliet.

I made it to the base of the tree, and put my foot on the branch and tried to lift my feet up. All of a sudden I slip and fall backwards onto the grass. I groaned and got up again. I slip my shoes off and try again. This time, my bare feet get a grip. I pull myself up.

Slowly, but surely I make my way up the tree. I sit on the highest branch and look at the sky. The sun already disappeared behind the horizon. I frowned as I missed the sunset. Yet when I looked at the night sky, I was dazzled. I've seen a star before, But not this many. They glittered against the blackness of oblivion. I saw the galaxy. I smiled at the magnificent view. I wounded what was outside this world.

"Ellen?" A voice said from down below. I was so surprised I almost fell off my branch. I looked down and was relieved to find Richard a few branches below.

"Richard? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I would ask the same" said Richard as he clambered onto the same branch as me.

"Well I was here to look at the stars" I Said, hoping he wouldn't think I snuck out.

"Same. I do it every night" Richard replied, looking up at the blackness.

"Every night?"

"Most of the time" he replied. "It's beautiful isn't it?

"The stars?"

"Yes," Richard said dream-like. "I wish I could go touch them."

I thought of his wish. I placed my hand over a star, pretending to grab one. I imagined it falling onto earth, and then giving it to richard. I smiled at the thought.

All of a sudden something streaked across the sky. Then it disappeared out of my sight of view.

"Quicky ellen! Make a wish!" He blurted pointing at the sky.

"What-"

"Those are shooting stars! They are so rare! When you see one, you have to make a wish!" Richard said excitedly.

"Oh ok" I quickly said. I closed my eyes and made a wish, picturing the shooting star in my head.

"I wish for-"

"Wait!" Richard stopped me. "You have to wish inside your head or it won't come true!"

'Really?' I cringe. "That's silly!"

I then shut my eyes and thought inside my head. What do I wish for? I wished for many things. To be rich, to become an actress....But most of all I wished to be equal. To be equal to men, for the poor to be equal to the rich. That is what I wished for.

"Got it!" I finished, and then looked at the direction of where the shooting star once was.

"Great! Now your wish should come true!" He promised. I smile a little bit. Maybe my wish would come true. We stargaze and point at the more appearing stars. Soon there were more stars then any number I ever thought could be counted. The City was very peaceful, almost as if asleep.

I shivered as a gust of wind ruffled the leaves of the tree. I forgot to bring a jacket. I wanted to grab the night sky and wrap it around my body like a blanket. Richard noticed how cold I was. He then did something surprising. He took his arm and hugged my shoulders. I blush widely, as I now felt very hot. Yet then, I relax and lay my head on his shoulders. We even place our hands together and enjoy eachothers company.

I shut my eyes and imagined Joyful laughter. Like when my mother used to laugh when we went to the beach. When we made baked goods together. I craved for the old days.

"Are you excited for the audition?" Richard asked, as he let go of my hand.

"What audition?" I grumble, slowly becoming more alert.

'The audition, silly." He laughed. "Romeo and juliet!"

"Oh right." I remembered. "I'm more nervous than excited."

"Really? He wondered. "We have to change that don't we."

I smile as my cheeks warm up. 'Tell me that would make me more excited." I instructed him.

"Well, you were the one who wanted me to practice with you." He said.

"True" I agreed.

"And You get to play a main role."

'Not true. What if I don't make the cut?" I pointed out.

"Well, you're the only girl trying out for juliet. They would prefer a girl playing Juliet then a man." He reassured me. "Besides, you're such a good actress."

"Now that's true" I approved. We both laugh.

Suddenly a yell echoed through the air. We both turn our heads in the direction.

"Ellen!" It Yelled again through the night air. My hands fell immediately to my sides.. I knew that voice who was calling my name.

"Who is that?" Richard whispered to me.

"My father" I replied shakily. He must have found out that I left the house. Now I would be in so much trouble.

"Ellen, why is your father calling for you?" he asked.

"Because I snuck out." is sighed, the truth finally coming out.

Richard pursued his lips. 'You should have not done that. But I did it too." He said.

"You did?"

"Yes," Richard grumbled. "But it was worth it, because I got to see you.''

I thought that was sweet, and I would have said something, but it was a bad time.

I bury My face into my hands. "What am I Supposed to do?"

I was talking to myself, but Richard paused for a moment, thinking. Just when I was thinking of handing myself in to my dad, He thought of something.

"Ellen, I know this is crazy, and It seems to come straight out of a cheesy theater play."

I pause, wondering what it was. "What is it"

Richard smiled mischievously, like a little boy spying on his parents.

"It's simple actually. we take the roofs." he declared. 

-------

Vote and comment if you Liked the Chapter ➳➳➳➳

It's Free :)