I smiled softly. "Don't worry about me. Plus, I have my handy pepper spray."

   "Try not to spray me next time," he smirked before turning to the road. I flinched, remembering when he tried to scare me a week ago.

   I'd finished exams and it was a Friday. My whole family was working at the bar and I updated Yuna and Adrian that I was alone. I made plans to sleepover at Yuna's, but as I was stepping out of the house, he scared me. So I pepper sprayed him.

   "I won't apologize," I drawled out, looking out my window to hide my amusement.

   "You've made that clear when you laughed at me while I was holding my face," he clenched out, and I knew he was annoyed with my response that night.

   When I turned back to him, I wore a shit eating grin. "Did you want me to coddle you? Aw, Adre," I pinched his cheeks while using the baby nickname I started that night.

   He only pushed his head back, so I only grabbed little cheek fat. Still wearing a sour expression, my body moved reflexively as I leaned forward to kiss his cheek.

   My body warmed when he quickly turned to me, wide eyed before snapping his head forward to stare at the road. Faintly noticing the red lipstick on his cheek, I licked my thumb and quickly rubbed off the mark.

   "What are you doing?" He asked, watching me.

   "I left a mark," I chuckled.

   His eyes held mine for a moment before he turned to the road. We were getting closer to the school. "Leave it."

   "I am not leaving it on your cheek. My parents know we're chilling more, and the last thing they need to know is that I'm..." I wasn't sure how to finish that sentence.

   "That you're madly in love with me?" He teased, smirking. "We're all aware."

   "If anyone is in love, it's you with Star Wars," I drawled out.

   He snorted. "And you with that Kelsea singer. You were screaming that song yesterday when you were in the shower."

   Yeah, he was familiar with Kelsea Ballerini's music, since he'd heard me singing hole in the bottle multiple times this past month. I knew he liked it, too—I always caught his smile while it played.

   "I think everyone should be in love with her," I shrugged, turning to the window. I cracked it open and breathed out. The weather was nice. Too nice. "Where's the party tonight?" The graduation party.

   "Mary-Anne's, I think."

   I nodded just as he pulled the car in front of the school. I grinned, seeing a head of baby pink hair standing outside of the school, pacing while texting someone on her phone. Her blue gown was flying all over the place, since it was left unzipped.

   Seconds later, my phone rang in my hand. Where are you? Zane came up to me and talked about Macy and I said I had to text my parents but I really don't want to talk to him.

   My heart dropped and I instantly wanted to cry. "Kelly, what's wrong?"

   When I didn't answer, keeping my eyes lowered to my lap, I noticed Adrian unbuckling my seat belt before he placed his hand under my chin. In seconds, he lifted my head and met my eyes. "Tell me," he mumbled softly, his brows drawn together.

   I held my breath for a moment before slowly exhaling. "It's not just Elliot," my voice cracked as I shook my head. "Macy. Justin. Chrissy. I-I really hoped..."