46 | Into The Woods

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, weird right?", he simply answers before sitting down next to me, acting as if all of this is totally normal. "So what do you wanna do today? I was thinking we could go for a hike or something", he quickly adds, clearly not wanting to stay on the subject of breakfast. I continue to stare at him, trying to figure out why he's acting so weird, until he raises an eyebrow at me, waiting for an answer to his question.

"It's raining", I point out as I look at the pouring rain through the window.

"It'll stop", he answers before getting up again. "Come on, it'll be fun", he adds, grabbing my hand and pulling me up, almost making me spill my coffee all over the pearl white rug.

"Brad, it's pouring out, and you hate hiking", I say, starting to get irritated by his weird behaviour. I still have no clue where he went this morning, or why he's lying to me. Because clearly, he didn't go get us breakfast.

"I don't hate it", he answers, emphasizing the word 'hate'. "And it'll be good to be outside, you know, enjoying nature and shit".

I give him another one of my 'what's wrong with you' looks, before rolling my eyes in defeat. What's the point of arguing anyway, he clearly wants to go hiking for some reason.

"If I get sick because of you, I'll make your life a living hell, you know that, right?", I say as I make my way to the kitchen and leave my cup in the sink.

"You mean more than usual?", he answers, a proud laugh escaping his lips at his comeback. I give him a death stare before going to the bedroom we ended up staying in last night.

"You still owe me breakfast!", I yell for him to hear from wherever he is in the house now as he didn't follow me to the bedroom. I change my outfit because considering the crappy weather, I'm going to need something more comfortable, warmer and a little more waterproof than the jeans and knitted sweater I have on. I opt for a pair of Lululemons and a thick sweater and throw my raincoat and boots on before going back to the kitchen where I can hear Brad talking on the phone.

"I'll talk to you later", he quickly says as soon as he hears me enter the room and hangs up on whoever was on the phone with him. Because that's also totally normal. "Ready?", he asks, making his way towards me. He stops right in front of me and places his hands on my waist before looking down into my eyes and giving me the cutest smile. "Leggings uh?", he smirks, his hands trailing down to my ass. "You really don't want us to leave this house, do you?", he adds as he squeezes my butt, pushing me onto him, before connecting his lips with mine.

"You're the one who wants to go hiking when it's raining cats and dogs out", I answer after he finally detaches his lips from mine, making him smile for some reason.

"You're gonna love it", he says, making me roll my eyes.

I'm not gonna love it, I can guarantee that. I'm already not in a good mood knowing he completely forgot our anniversary, and the fact that he keeps on acting weird and is now forcing me to go exercise in the rain is not helping improve it. I don't answer and we make our way to the car, Brad only wearing a hoodie to protect himself from the rain. One of us is definitely going to get sick today, which means that the other one will also get sick. As we start driving to the hiking trail, I try my best to ignore my pissed mood and focus on the moment, because at the end of the day, I'm in this beautiful place with Brad.

When we arrive at the start of the trail, the rain has miraculously stopped, and we start walking hand in hand on the very muddy path. It takes us over two hours of me slipping every two minutes, making Brad laugh his ass off at how clumsy I am, but we eventually make it to the peak of the mountain, and in one piece. I'm exhausted, but I have to say, the view was worth it, despite the clouds hiding most of it.